Portfolio Management CFA L1 2016
What you'll learn
- Get an understanding on Portfolio Management
- Reduce their preparation time for this tough subject to less than one third
- Prepare students for CFA L1 subject Portfolio Management which is 7% of the total curriculum and increases significantly in L2 and L3
- Ideally students should be enrolled for taking the CFA exam and should be in possession of the official courseware
This course provides a basis for the coverage of portfolio management at Levels II and III.
The first reading introduces the concept of a portfolio approach to investments. After discussing the investment needs of various types of individual and institutional investors, the reading compares the types of pooled investment management products that are available to investors.
The second reading introduces risk management, including a risk management framework and sources of risk.
The following two readings cover portfolio risk and return measures and introduce modern portfolio theory—a quantitative framework for portfolio selection and asset pricing.
The last reading focuses on the portfolio planning and construction process, including the development of an investment policy statement.
Students will be able to complete the preparation of this subject in a week, even if they are able to devote less than 30 minutes everyday to this topic, with the help of this course. They will also be able to get a better understanding of Portfolio Management which will help them immensely in Level 2 and Level 3.
Who this course is for:
- Students enrolled for CFA L1 for the first time
- Students who had attempted CFA L1 but could not clear due to low performance in Portfolio Management
A CFA charter holder, I have extensive experience in the field of F&A outsourcing and have worked on various projects within the F&A Arena. I have 17 years of experience in F&A delivery, handling end to end finance and accounting processes, F&A practice and process improvement. I am also a visiting faculty with International College of Financial Planning, New Delhi where I have taken classes for CFA L 2 and 3. I have my own channel on Youtube on Finance and Investments.
Specialties: FinTech, Finance, Fixed Income, Treasury, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivables, Reconciliation, Fixed Asset and Project accounting, Solution development, F&A Training, SOX testing, Fraud risk assessment and Process streamlining.