Pornography Addiction Education for Partners
What you'll learn
- The basics of pornography addiction, including the science and frequent causes
- The differences between addiction and recreational use of pornography
- How to handle confrontation or disclosure regarding pornography addiction
- Your role, if any, in your partner's addiction
- The best way to move forward as a couple, and as an individual
- There are no requirements or prerequisites
If you're considering taking this course, you're probably facing one of the most challenging problems you will ever encounter: Your partner (husband, wife, girlfriend or boyfriend) is a pornography addict and you're trying to learn more about the problem and figure out how to navigate the issue. In Pornography Addiction Education for Partners, there are 75 minutes of easy-to-digest lectures, with none running more than eight minutes. Those taking the course will begin to have a rudimentary understanding of the brain science of addiction, how to handle his denials, creating and maintaining boundaries, what to do once he gets into recovery and how to handle the personal emotional fallout you're feeling. Each of the 10 main lectures includes a worksheet that can help you personalize the lecture to your specific situation.
Who this course is for:
- Women and men who suspect, or know, that their relationship partner is struggling with pornography addiction.
A former pornography addict of over 20 years, Joshua Shea finally sought help in early 2014. A former magazine publisher and journalist, Shea made the decision to devote his life to creating resources for pornography addicts when he felt there were very few as he was attempting recovery. Shea has written three books about pornography addiction and lectures to colleges, libraries, churches and other groups. He will be giving his first TEDx Talk in December 2020.