Pop piano for fun
What you'll learn
- You will learn to play all the piano chords you need to song from a song book or the internet, to accompany yourself, an individual, a group or a session.
- You will learn few rhythmic patterns, to give your performance a sense of style a beat.
- You will gain a vocabulary of Major, minor, suspended, augmented, diminished, slash chords, enabling you to play along a vast number of pop songs.
- Are you a professional or semi-professional singer and wish you could accompany yourself at the piano for your gigs? This course will make you self-sufficient.
- Learn the chord progressions used in hundreds of songs and see how different songs have lots in common.
- This course will give you great foundations should you desire to join a band on the keyboards.
- No previous piano experience necessary.
- You need to be a music lover, someone who is not afraid to sing out a tune, can laugh at any so called "wrong" notes along the way, and wants to let it out and have fun.
- If you have taken few lessons in the past, you can skip the basics section.
- A piano, digital piano or keyboard is necessary, to follow the lessons and to do some practice on your own.
A course for beginners and also for people who took some traditional piano lessons in the past, it unlocks a simpler way to play piano which is used to accompany popular songs and all-time favourites.
By completing this course you will acquire a toolbox of chords and patterns, and the confidence to sit at the piano and play along the songs which you enjoy, while having fun with friends and family.
You don't need to use traditional music notation for this course, as a more hands-on approach is used: you are going to approach the piano like a campfire guitarist approaches the guitar: learn few chord shapes and how to connect them, get a rhythm going, and everyone is singing along already!
Using many musical examples from well known popular songs, all chords are explained in a way which is easy to understand, making practising the piano something you look forward to.
I will guide you through each and every process along the way, describing each movement and coordination, defining clear goals in a progressive, controlled way. Every lesson builds on the previous ones, so nothing is taken for granted and no stone is left unturned.
So if you're ready to lead the next sing-song at the piano next time your friends come around, get on board.
Who this course is for:
- Total beginners.
- Adults who took piano lessons in the past.
- Younger students who wish they could play the songs they like.
- People who want to entertain friends and family.
- Seniors who would like to approach the piano and relax playing it, following a no-stress, easy paced lesson structure.
Playing piano since age 8, I've been entertaining since before I could reach the piano pedals.
With my music interests ranging from contemporary Pop to medieval plainchant and passing through Rock, Metal and Jazz, Classical, Romantic, Baroque, Renaissance and everything in between, I can musically connect to virtually any student and find the right material to engage them in fruitful learning.
I will listen to anything with open ears and an open mind.
My career in the entertainment industry spans 20 years, so I know what makes people tap their foot and have a good time.
My teaching career spans roughly the same amount of time, which gives me enough experience to tell what is likely to stick around in students' mind, and what doesn't.
My musical education started out as old school classical, went on to modern, Pop and Jazz, and returned to classical in later years.
Coming full circle gave me a broad view on all things musical, allowing me to see what drives most music, and the effect it has on people.
In my courses I draw on my experience in all these fields to help you access the knowledge you seek, broken down into manageable portions which build on each other in a progressive, controlled way where nothing is taken for granted.