Pop art portraits with Procreate
What you'll learn
- How to make pop art portraits with Procreate
- How to work with values
- Basic knowledge of Procreate
- Drawing skills are not necessary
This course is about learning how to make pop art portraits with Procreate.
What is pop art? It's a brightful style with bold colors, using only straight lines to create strong images, so it's quite easy to achieve, and almost impossible to fail.
Let's have a look at the different chapters of the class:
1. How to select a reference photo, either a personal one, or one from internet. I have gathered for you a lot of copyright free images on a Pinterest board, and the photo used in class is downloadable in class. Of course, you're welcome to use a personal photo as well.
2. How to sketch from this photo, simply by tracing on it with straight lines. No drawing skills required here!
3. How to select and fill the shapes created from the previous sketch. I include a color palette swatches from where you can pick up your colors. This is a basis, we will change the colors along the way.
4. How to tweak the colors and check your values on the final image. Values are most important than colors. If your values are correct, then all your colors will be fine.
5. How to fill the shapes with textures and how to add textures on top of the solid colors, for a very different look.
Who this course is for:
- Beginner or medium advanced digital painters
I’m a French artist, both digital and traditional. I love to paint with gouache, and my favorite subject is portrait. I draw digitally as well. I like to change mediums and have fun in sketchbooks. Color is my daily feed, either with gouache, colored pencils, ink, oil, or digital. I’m really happy to teach what I’ve learned along the way.