Poetry in a Few Words
What you'll learn
- Write a short poem that includes both rhyme and rhythm.
- Know the basics of "hearing the beat"
- Grasp the rudiments of Tumpty Notation
- You should be able to both write and read in English!
I use poetry to teach people better communication. It's the ultimate workout for your linguistic, presentational and public-speaking muscles.
Poetry can help you in your chosen career - whatever it might be. Poetry can even help you to land your dream job!
I'm in the process of developing a much deeper, longer course (for people who want to become master communicators), I've created this short, simple course to enable anyone who is curious to dip their toe in the poetical waters.
In this course, my challenge is to teach you enough that you will be able to write a simple poem, using rhyme and rhythm, even if you've never written (or even read) a poem in your life?
Your challenge is to learn, practice, and produce.
I've set up dedicated forums to enable students to share all their attempts, and completed poems, with me and each other. So enrol, and discover what poetry can do for you.
Please note: As of 2020, the forum for posting and discussing your poetry is no longer available due to lack of demand for this feature. Please let me know if you would like to be able to share your poems.
Who this course is for:
- Anyone who wants to learn to write any kind of poetry
- Anyone who wants to discover how poetry can change the way they think
- Anyone who wants to discover how poetry can make them a better writer
- Anyone what wants to discover how poetry can make them a better speaker
I've spent the last 10 years working with authors to get their books ready for publication, and then getting them published in the new e-book/e-reader/print-on-demand market. Some of my authors have gone on to get publishing contracts, and others are both traditionally and self published, including multi-award-winner Kary English.
My regular clients rely on me to understand and stimulate their creative process. We work together from development of the first story idea , through the drafting, redrafting and editing, right up to packaging and book launch; or they call me in at whatever stage they need me.