PL/SQL by Example - Beginner to Advanced PL/SQL
What you'll learn
- Declare PL/SQL Variables
- Conditionally control code flow (loops, control structures)
- Use some of the Oracle supplied PL/SQL packages to generate screen output
- Create anonymous PL/SQL blocks, functions and procedures
- Use PL/SQL packages to group and contain related constructs
- Catch run time errors using Exceptions
- Perform Data processing using Records and Cursors
- Manage data using Collections
- Create triggers to solve business challenges
- Peform Bulk Processing to improve performance
- Execute SQL using Dynamic SQL
- Pipelining the data as it is processed
- Working with Large Objects (LOB's)
- SQL Knowledge is needed and is a must!!!
Learn to become a PL/SQL developer in just four weeks.
This fast, easy and effective course will take you from zero PL/SQL writing skills to being able to write efficient programs to process data.
PL/SQL is the Oracle Procedural Language extension of SQL. A PL/SQL program can have both SQL statements and procedural statements. In the PL/SQL program, the SQL statements are used to access sets of data stored in a database, while the procedural statements are used to process individual piece of data and control the program flow.
In this course participants will learn
- Describe the features and syntax of PL/SQL
- Design PL/SQL anonymous blocks that execute efficiently
- Use the Oracle supplied PL/SQL packages to generate screen output
- Create and debug Stored Procedures and Functions
- Design PL/SQL packages to group related constructs
- Use PL/SQL programming constructs and conditionally control code flow
- Create overloaded package subprograms for more flexibility
- Handle runtime errors using Exceptions
- Writing manageable code using Records
- Storing and processing data using Collections
- Processing data using Implicit and Explicit Cursors
- Oracle Database 11g
- SQL Developer
Who this course is for:
- This PL/SQL course is meant for students who want to learn Procedure Language to control SQL Statements.
- This course is not for you if you're looking to learn more advanced concepts of PL/SQL
Amarnath has a Masters Degree in computer science with around 15 years of experience in the IT industry. He has successfully designed and implemented projects for clients in South Africa, India and USA. Currently his main focus is on Datawarehouse Architecture.
Amarnath is currently working for a fortune 500 company in USA and has pioneered the data architecture discipline. His Innovative and simple architectural designs have won accolades in the company.
Today, he brings leadership and technical expertise to enable customers to optimize and modernize their IT environments leveraging Business Intelligence tools, Big Data, social, mobile, and the Internet of Things.