PlebDevs Course I: Building a Lightning Wallet Frontend
What you'll learn
- Basic intro course to developing Lightning Apps
- Learning HTML basics an important first step in your web development journey.
- Learning the fundamentals of CSS into digestible, easy to understand pieces.
- Learn how to use LNbits, a lightning wallet and account system.
- Learn how to setup and create your own development environment.
- Learn the fundamentals of building a React app.
- Learn how to build your own custodial lightning wallet.
- No pre-knowledge is required - enthusiasm and a love for bitcoin is all you need!
- A Linux machine or Mac is required No software is required in advance of the course (all software used in the course is free)
Welcome to the PlebDevs Course. This is your one-stop shop to learn how to build your first lightning app!
We'll take you from an absolute beginner to a capable frontend developer focusing on Bitcoin/lightning projects in under 6 hours.
WHO SHOULD TAKE THIS COURSE?
Anyone who wants to start learning how to code
Anyone who has tried to learn to code but found it too hard
Those looking for a career change
Web 2, 3, and 5 tech hobbyists
Students & teenagers
Anyone who wants to learn how to build a simple lightning wallet
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
Lightning wallet basics with LNbits
Github / Git fundamentals
Visual Script Studio
Learning how to code and build apps is a long and difficult journey which is why our instructors, Super Testnet and Austin have put together the first part of the Plebdev Course to condense all of the fundamentals of Frontend development and accelerate your path toward developing apps on your own. We want to encourage more developers to get their start by building on Bitcoin and Lightning and welcome them to the thriving Bitcoin developer ecosystem!
Our instructors have built cutting-edge projects on Bitcoin and Lightning. Both do workshops inside of PlebLab, and both learned how to code from ZERO without prior experience. Using our exciting, hands-on teaching style, you are sure to master the principles AND have fun at the same time!
Who this course is for:
- Anyone who wants to learn to build on Bitcoin and Lightning.
- Anyone that wants to build a Lightning wallet.
- Anyone that wants to become a Bitcoin developer.
- Anyone that wants to become a Lightning developer.
Pleb Lab is a group of misfit hackers who firmly believe that coming together to support developers is key for bitcoin to continue. Free and open-source development is critical to breakthroughs in bitcoin. The FOSS ethos is at the center of what we do here at Pleb Lab.
We support early stage Bitcoin start-ups and developers building the future.
Developer/Instructor focusing on Bitcoin, Lightning, and dev education.
From Pleb to PlebDev, my journey has been focused on Bitcoin, Lightning, and education. I started with no coding experience, learned the ropes, made a thousand mistakes, improved and eventually landed my first Bitcoin developer position, and now I want to help you do the same!