PLC Programming - Basics of Simulation with CoDeSys
What you'll learn
- You will learn some basics principles of simulations
- You will be able to create simple models of systems for your applications
- You will learn to create effective visualization to see the results of your simulations.
- You will face practical example that will allow you to create re-usable components for your simulations.
- You will apply simulation basics to PLC programming and integrate your systems' simulation in your PLC program
- The students should have basic knowledge about PLC Programming and about the CoDeSys development environment
- If you do not have this basic knowledge, check out my beginner course: PLC Programming - Learn the Basics with CoDeSys
Simulation is becoming a core concept in automation, with many companies providing simulation systems and digital twins to recreate your own system, in order to be able to develop PLC control code that acts on a virtual clone of the real system.
In this course, you will learn some basics principles on how to create a simple simulation of your system directly on your PLC.
We will start by the developing some general-purpose basic components, that will allow us to simulate some basics systems. After that, we will use these components to simulate more complex systems in guided exercises and lessons.
In this course, we will use the Structured Text language in the CoDeSys environment and we will expand the built-in CoDeSys visualization tools that can help you to create helpful graphical visualizations, for our simulations.
You don't need a real PLC to access this course, because we will use CoDeSys Simulation mode, that can run directly on your PC.
I've used this simulation knowledge and tools in my previous courses and many students asked me insights on how they works. If you want to know how they work and how to create your own, this is the course for you!
As a PLC Software Engineer, the world is moving towards simulation and digital twins, and these are some skills that will become more and more important over the next years!
Who this course is for:
- Anyone who works (or wants to work) in the Automation Software industry and wishes to acquire better skills and knowledge regarding PLC programming
- Anyone who wishes to learn basic principles of programming simulation and see how to apply them to PLC programming.
I'm an Automation Engineer, who graduated cum laude from the University of Bologna.
I've been working for many years in the industrial automation field, developing software for automatic machines and robots for different companies, both local and international.
I'm an expert of PLC programming, industrial robotics, control systems, advanced control algorithms, programming patterns for automation, modeling and simulation of complex systems.
Sono un Ingegnere dell'Automazione, laureato con lode presso l'Università di Bologna.
Lavoro da anni nel settore dell'automazione industriale, nello sviluppo software per macchine automatiche e robot per aziende nazionali e internazionali.
Sono esperto di programmazione PLC, robotica industriale, teoria del controllo classico e avanzato, pattern di progettazione per l'automazione e sviluppo di modelli e simulazioni per sistemi complessi.