PLC Programming 100
- Access to computer and internet
The heart of every control systems is a PLC or Programmable Logic Controller. The PLC is behind most products and industries.
1. The water in your tap, behind it is a water treatment process which involves Control Systems.
2. The electricity in your households came from power plants. The power generation process involves Control Systems.
3. The fuel that is running our cars and industries. The oil exploration, extraction and refinery processes involves Control Systems.
4. The multi-vitamins and medicine that you get from the pharmacies or hospitals. Manufacturing it is a very stringent process which involves Control Systems.
If you are an engineer or an engineering student. Learning how to program a PLC is an important skill set that will take you to a very rewarding career.
In this course, we will be teaching you how to program a PLC in a universal approach, that you can even perform your PLC logic development on paper.
We will be using Function Block Diagram PLC programming language, because it is used by most of the big industries like Oil & Gas, Water Treatment, Power Generation, Petrochemical and Pharmaceutical.
- Engineers, Technicians or engineering students
- Why PLC and Control Systems.01:56
- PLC Programming VS PLC Configuration04:47
- PLC Programming with Output Based Thinking Approach01:00
- Paying It Forward00:34
- The Training Roadmap01:44
- The AND logic gate.01:06
- The OR logic gate.02:01
- The XOR logic gate.01:40
- The NOT logic gate01:17
- The SR Flip-Flop.02:47
- The RS Flip-Flop.01:57
- The R-TRIG logic gate.01:22
- The F-TRIG logic gate.01:13
- Using Teamviewer to Access the Remote Laboratory02:38
- Using the 4-mation PLC programming environment.07:35
- The Pump Control00:49
- The Pump Control Remote / Local01:57
- The Pump Control Duty / Standby01:04
- TON Time ON Delay Function Block.01:47
- TOF Time OFF Delay Function Block.01:55
- TP Time Pulse Function Block.01:28
- CTU Count UP Counter Function Block.02:24
- CTD Count Down Function Block.02:25
- EQ Equal Function Block.01:23
- GT Greater Function Block.01:24
- LT Less Function Block.01:28
- ADD Function Block.01:22
- SUB Subtract Function Block.01:15
- MUL Multiply Function Block.01:18
- DIV Divide Function Block.01:18
- The Conveyor02:22
- The Carpark Monitoring00:48
- The Traffic Light00:49
Thirty (30) years of engineering and business exposure:
Travelled onshore (plants and shipyards) and offshore (platforms and FPSO’s) to the following countries in the performance of the above positions; Australia, Japan, Ivory Coast, Nigeria, Gabon, Vietnam, Malaysia, Thailand, Indonesia, Brunei, India, Saudi Arabia and Singapore. (Singapore as base)
Exposed in turn key projects in the following industry: Oil & Gas (FPSO, Oil & Gas Platforms, LNG Plants), Power Generation (Steam Generation), Water Treatment (Desalination Plant), Petrochemical industries, Fuel Management (Terminal Loading & Airport Fuel System) and Aero Medical Simulation (Air Force).
Intensive knowledge of full development cycle of Control Systems project starting from Tender Preparation, FEEDS, Systems Engineering, Detail Engineering, PLC & HMI programming, Systems Integration, FAT, Site Commissioning, Functional Testing, Training and Site Service.
Well versed in F&G System, ESD, PSD and Process Control Systems Control Philosophy, Logic Programming, Commissioning and Functional Testing.
DCS / SCADA Systems Exposure
Hands-on exposure of the following: Siemens PCS7 & QUADLOG Safety PLC, Yokogawa Prosafe Safety PLC, Allen Bradley Logix 5000; ABB AC800M; Modicon Quantum and Momentum PLC. HMI applications: WinCC, Processuite, Wonderware, Iconics Genesis 32/64, Factory Talk View and iFix.
Business Application & E-commerce Development Exposure
Develop back end business application programming using UNIX, C and Sybase for a financial firm (Singapore).
Conceptualized, developed and manage a team of coders and website developers to develop e-commerce applications like on-line shopping, on-line booking, on-line reservations.
Business Start-up and Development
Co-founded business start-ups ranging from engineering services company, e-commerce, real estate and food & beverage.
Prepare business and investors proposal. Generate business plans, marketing plans and detailed sales and service execution plans.