Learn To Play A Celtic Irish Reel On The Piano Accordion
What you'll learn
- How to play a Celtic Irish Reel.
- The correct bellows phrasing and techniques for playing Celtic Irish music.
- How to play the right hand with the correct fingering positions. and ensure the left hand doesn't over power the right hand.
- How to play the left hand with a simple major bass and then minor bass row.
- How to put and play both hands together.
- Ornamentation for both the right and left hand with grace notes, triplets and turns.
- Improvisational ideas for the right hand to make the piece unique to you.
- 1/2 years of playing the piano accordion.
- A minimum 48 bass piano accordion.
- Basic knowledge of music notation.
This course will teach you how to play an original Celtic Irish Reel. Gerry will show you how to play the tune step by step from playing both hands individually to putting the piece together. The course will show you specific techniques used in traditional Irish music and how to apply ornamentation and improvisational ideas. Also included in this course is the original music score and two backing tracks.
Who this course is for:
- Anyone who wants to learn to play Celtic Irish Music
- Anyone who wants to learn how to use ornamentation and improvisation in any Celtic piano accordion piece.
- Anyone who wants to move from playing polkas ( single reel) to a more advanced reel (double reel)
- Someone who wants to learn a Celtic Reel to accompany an Irish Dancer
Gerry Nulty is an accomplished accordion musician and the director and founder of one of the largest music schools in Dublin, Ireland. As a musician he has travelled around the world as a freelance accordionist, performing in major city concert halls and theme parks in USA where he played as a member of a Riverdance orchestra. He has played for a number of celebrity events the likes of David and Victoria Beckham's wedding and the late Prince Rainier of Monaco. Gerry is a direct descendant of Mrs Bridget Kenny - Queen Of Irish Fiddlers.