Playing Harmonium for Devotional Chanting
Learn to play harmonium for spiritual upliftment. No experience necessary!
Created by Tandava Graham
What you'll learn
- Play and sing several different devotional chants, for kirtans or personal practice.
- Be able to learn more chants using the skills and resources provided.
- Harmonium (though you can follow along with a piano, keyboard, or even an app if necessary)
Devotional chanting is a profound and joyful way to support your spiritual growth, and the harmonium is an ideal instrument to use to accompany oneself or to play with others. Learn to play and sing spiritual, non-denominational chants in the tradition of Paramhansa Yogananda. Includes everything you need to play 7 chants—including both melody and chords—as well as discussion of the spiritual use of music.
Who this course is for:
- Anyone interested in music and singing as a spiritual practice.
- Absolute beginners to harmonium playing, though intermediate players may also find useful tips.
Musician, Meditation Teacher, Monk
I have been on the spiritual path as a disciple of Paramhansa Yogananda since 2009, and I am currently a monk living in the Ananda Palo Alto spiritual community. I’ve been a musician and a teacher for most of my life, and currently teach meditation, yoga, philosophy, music, and more.