Keyboard Instruments - Read Sheet Music for Piano Fast!
- 1 hour on-demand video
- 3 articles
- 12 downloadable resources
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Read sheet music and play it on the piano with the right hand
- You need to be able to commit to practice 20 minutes a day
- You need a piano or keyboard, real or virtual
Learn to Play Keyboard Instrument Music Fast!
If you want to learn how to read sheet music notes, to play easy songs on the piano or any other keyboard instrument, this course is for you. You'll be able to play the piano with your right hand, reading notated sheet music. Within a few hours and with a bit of practice, you'll realize that reading music is as easy as reading words, when you know how!
The course is broken down into short steps - each lesson is around 3 minutes in length. Learn a new skill in a short time, watch the demos, practice, then move on when you are ready.
I've included some PDF sheet music, and will of course be adding in more and more for you on a regular basis. Songs you'll learn how to play include "House of the Rising Sun", "Star Spangled Banner" and "Scarborough Fair". Requests for songs accepted!
Sign up now and start a new hobby - impress your friends!
What you'll learn:
- How to name and locate the notes on the piano keyboard
- How to name and locate the notes on the treble clef stave
- Pitch, rhythm and accidentals
- Key and and time signatures - the essentials
- How to navigate through a song - understand repeat symbols and other instructions
- The basics of how the left hand works
All Udemy courses are backed by a 30-day no questions asked guarantee.
- This course is ideal for beginners who can't read music, who want to learn the basics quickly and easily.
Introduction to the course, and how to get the best results from it.
Find out about the piano keyboard layout, including the pattern of black and white notes. Learn the notes names of the white notes and learn how to identify a starting note, from which you can work out the other names.
Learn how the musical stave works and how notes are placed on it. Learn about the treble clef, which is used for right hand keyboard playing. Learn about how to extend the 5-line staves using ledger lines.
Note shapes show duration. Learn about the crotchet/quarter note, stem direction how to count the beat.
Practice some simple four-note tunes using crotchets/quarter notes.
Watch the piano keyboard demo of how to play "House of the Rising Sun".