Play Leyenda, Canarios, and Bach on Classical Guitar
- 7.5 hours on-demand video
- 12 downloadable resources
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Play "Canarios" by Gasper Sanz, "Gavottes 1 and 2" by J.S. Bach, and "Leyenda" by Isaac Albeniz up to a performance standard
- Improve your technique and play in a relaxed and efficient way as you play technical exercises that are unique to the course and prepare for every challenge in each of the pieces
- Learn the point of practicing scales and how to make the most of your scale practice.
- You should be able to play at least simple pieces, studies, etudes, etc. on the guitar
- You don't need to be an expert on reading notes by any means (every note in the course is demonstrated on video, so you can always follow along that way), but a basic knowledge of musical notation would be helpful
- You can choose to follow along with the videos, but you may find it helpful to download and/or print the sheet music PDFs. Multiple lectures are on one sheet, so it's easy to follow along and you won't be overwhelmed with pages.
This course is all about helping you realize your potential as a classical guitarist as you learn to play 3 great pieces from the classical guitar repertoire, Canarios, Gavottes 1 and 2, and Leyenda. You’ll follow a step-by-step course that shows you the most beneficial way to practice scales, how to use technical exercises, and how to play the 3 pieces at a performance standard.
What you can expect to get out of the course
- You'll be able to see consistent progress as you follow an organized system
- Practicing will be a pleasure as you improve your guitar skills, have more relaxed finger movements, and develop greater ability of musical expression
- You'll feel the encouraging sense of accomplishment as you play pieces all the way through
- You'll get answers to many of your questions about classical guitar playing
Your main goal for the course is to play 3
pieces from the classical guitar repertoire, Canarios, Gavottes
1 and 2, and Leyenda. The premise of the
course is that you'll have much more success if you thoughtfully prepare before
jumping into the pieces.
Playing the classical guitar is such a
multi-sensory experience, and a video-based course is a great way to learn at
your own pace. You know that there are no shortcuts, but by following a logical
course that starts easy and gradually gets more challenging your experience will
be much easier and rewarding.
Classical guitar is beautiful and complex, but
that complexity can be intimidating, so in this course every musical phrase
will be broken into a manageable piece that's easy to work with, and easy to
put back into the whole of the piece.
The course starts with some brief introductory lectures that review the basics of the classical guitar approach, and then moves into scales. You'll customize your scale practice so that you're ready for each piece. It would be good to have some experience playing higher up on the fret-board, but you'll review the notes on the fret-board in the scales section, so you're prepared for everything that follows. Next, you'll start playing technical exercises that are unique to this course to prepare you for the piece that you'll be playing.
The lectures show the hands from a variety of angles, and in the lecture
descriptions you can find the time where each camera angle changes. The
lectures on the pieces start with a small chunk played up to speed, then a slow
walk-through the notes, followed by a more in-depth lesson on each hand.
You'll also get downloadable PDF files of
every scale, exercise, and piece, so not only will you receive a full score of
"Leyenda" and the other pieces that are in the course, but you'll have a clear view of
how to play every single note. This course doesn't contain any guitar
tablature, but remember that you will be able to see and hear every last note
in the course in the video lectures.
I hope you'll continue your journey with this
course by clicking the button that says "Start Learning Now" and
enrolling in the course and enjoying lifetime access to the lecture videos and
sheet music files. Thanks for reading and I wish you the best with your guitar
- This course is for intermediate and beyond classical guitarists
- If you have played classical guitar for a while already and want to realize your potential, this will be a great course for you
- This course is not for beginning guitarists or guitarists who want to learn from tabs (the musical examples don't include tablature)
- If you are an advanced rock/blues/jazz player who wants to learn how to play classical guitar pieces, you'll enjoy this course
This lecture contains the downloadable PDF file that you will use for this and the next two lectures.
0:34- Close up of both hands
0:16 close up of both hands
This lecture contains the downloadable PDF file for the technical exercises that you'll use in this section to prepare to play Canarios.
Musical example with close-up of both hands 0:41
Close-up of right hand 1:30
Close-up of left hand 4:20
This lecture contains the downloadable PDF file that contains all the musical examples that you'll use in this section as you prepare for the Gavotte 1 and 2.
Musical exercise 0:44
Close-up of right hand 1:41
Close-up of left hand 3:46