Plastic Molding Fundamentals - SPE Certification Program
What you'll learn
- Gain a deeper understanding of the reasons behind the widespread use of plastic in modern society and the unique properties that make it a versatile material.
- Learn about the different classifications of plastics and how they impact the manufacturing process
- Understand the properties of polymer melts, including viscosity and visco-elasticity, and their role in the manufacturing process
- Explore the features, advantages, and disadvantages of various plastic manufacturing processes
- Understand compression molding as a manufacturing process, including its unique features, advantages, and disadvantages
- Learn about the two main types of transfer molding: pot and plunger transfer molding, and the steps involved in each process
- Discover the two main techniques involved in blow molding: extrusion and injection blow molding, and how each is used to produce different types of products
- Gain insight into injection molding as a detailed manufacturing process used for producing complex and intricate parts, materials and equipment
- Discover the importance of inspecting plastics parts manufactured by molding processes to ensure high-quality, reliable products
- Develop a comprehensive understanding of plastic manufacturing processes. that can be applied to a variety of industries
- Walk away with the knowledge and skills needed to design, manufacture, and inspect high-quality plastic products
- A strong desire to learn about plastic manufacturing processes and their applications in various industries.
- A fundamental understanding of chemistry and materials science is recommended but not required.
- Familiarity with basic math concepts such as algebra and geometry.
Are you ready to take your manufacturing skills to the next level and earn a certification that demonstrates your expertise in plastic molding? The course is designed to help you do just that. From novices to seasoned professionals, this course will equip you with the skills and knowledge to master the basics of injection molding and earn your Society of Plastics Engineers (SPE) Certification.
Plastics have become a ubiquitous presence in our lives, from the packaging that protects our food to the electronic devices that we rely on every day. The use of plastics has grown at an unprecedented rate in the last 50 years, and understanding the technology that shapes these materials is more important than ever.
The Introduction to Plastic Molding Processes course is designed to provide a comprehensive overview of the plastic molding process. Whether you're an engineer looking to expand your knowledge or an entrepreneur exploring the potential of plastic products, this course will equip you with the tools you need to succeed.
The course begins by exploring the reasons behind the widespread application of plastics in modern manufacturing. You'll learn about the unique properties that make plastics ideal for a wide range of applications, including their strength, durability, and versatility.
The course then delves into the different types of plastics and how they are classified. You'll gain a deep understanding of the properties of polymer melts, including viscosity and visco-elasticity, which are critical to the molding process.
The course then covers the four main plastic molding processes in detail: compression molding, transfer molding, blow molding, and injection molding. You'll learn about the specific techniques used in each process, as well as the advantages and disadvantages of each method.
Finally, the course explores the inspection of plastic parts manufactured by molding processes. You'll learn how to identify common defects that may arise during the molding process and the tools and techniques used for quality control.
By the end of the course, you'll have a comprehensive understanding of the plastic molding process and be equipped with the knowledge to identify which molding process is best suited for a specific product. You'll also be able to identify common defects and implement quality control measures to ensure that your products meet the highest standards.
This course is designed to help you develop a solid foundation of knowledge and practical skills that are essential to success in the plastic molding industry. Whether you're looking to start a career in plastic molding, or you're a seasoned professional looking to enhance your skills and earn a certification, this course is perfect for you.
Enroll in Introduction to Plastic Molding Processes today and gain the skills and knowledge you need to succeed in the exciting world of plastic manufacturing.
Reference book for this course:
"Handbook of Plastic Processes" by Charles A Harper
Who this course is for:
- Students and professionals in the manufacturing industry who want to deepen their understanding of plastic manufacturing processes.
- Engineers and designers who are involved in the design and production of plastic products.
- Entrepreneurs and business owners who want to understand the manufacturing process for plastic products.
- Anyone interested in pursuing a career in the plastics industry, such as injection molders, toolmakers, and quality control inspectors.
OZIS Academy is the platform for struggling university or high school students and professionals who want to improve their skills in the work field as we provide quality and detailed courses. We offer courses from brilliant Ph.D. Professors from prestigious Universities who are experts in their relative fields. We have a team of well-experienced, full-time faculty and dedicated staff including talented retired and working University professors. Our mission is to impart the most qualitative education by the way of systematic methodical and scientific approaches.