Planning Stakeholder Engagement (PMI - PMP)
What you'll learn
- Recognize examples of stakeholders
- Recognize the inputs of the Identify Stakeholders process
- Distinguish between the tools and techniques you use for identifying stakeholders
- Distinguish between types of information included in a stakeholder register
- Identify the inputs to the Plan Stakeholder Engagement process
- Determine appropriate strategies for engaging stakeholders
- Identify common components of a stakeholder engagement plan
- Demonstrate your understanding of the Identify Stakeholders and Plan Stakeholder Engagement processes
- No special requirements or prerequisites are needed to take this course, but some extra reading about projects, project management, project life cycle, organizational project management, project scope, project schedule, project costs, project quality, project human resources and project communications will help.
- Part of the Project Management Professional Certification Course (PMI-PMP)
The Planning Stakeholder Engagement (PMI - PMP) is course 27 of 28 of the Project Management Professional Certification Program (PMI-PMP).
You'll likely manage many different types of projects during your career as a project manager, small ones, big ones, simple or complex. Regardless of the project, this one truth remains constant. Project success largely depends on a good working relationship between you and all the other stakeholders.
This is the first course covering the processes in the project stakeholder management knowledge area. In this course, you're going to learn how to determine who your stakeholders are, and everything you need to know about them. We'll also talk about how to plan effective stakeholder engagement approaches for your project.
Identifying Project Stakeholders
1. Defining Stakeholders
2. Inputs to Identify Stakeholders
3. Tools and Techniques for Identifying Stakeholders
4. The Stakeholder Register
Planning Stakeholder Engagement
1. Inputs to Plan Stakeholder Engagement
2. Engaging Stakeholders
3. The Stakeholder Engagement Plan
4. Exercise: Planning Project Stakeholder Engagement
That’s it! Now go ahead and push that “Take this course” button, and see you on the inside!
Who this course is for:
- Leaders, managers, entrepreneurs, professionals and project workers with or without formal project management training will improve project management skills and knowledge and will be ready to stand for formal certification.
Sorin Dumitrascu is a man with many talents and a passion for helping others grow and develop. He has been involved in the development and delivery of courses on management, computer literacy, human resources, career development, and more for over 15 years.
Sorin is also a certified trainer and project manager, with a master's degree in International Relations and Policy Making as well as a bachelor's degree in Law and Public Administration. He has coordinated projects in the areas of rule of law, regional development, and human resources for over a decade.
Sorin has an extensive background in civil service, private sector and NGO work. He has more than 15 years of managerial experience in justice, corrections, internal affairs, training, project management and consultancy within the private sector and NGO.
Additionally, he is certified as an ICDL tester and trainer for United Nations Peacekeeping Missions and holds a professional degree in public management.