Planning & Control Using Microsoft Project 2013, 2016 & 2019
- 8 hours on-demand video
- 5 downloadable resources
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- This course aims to teaching students how to plan and control projects with and without resources up to an intermediate level using Microsoft Project 2013, 2016 and 2019.
- Students should be working in a project environment and understand how projects are planned and controlled.
- Students should have knowledge of the following subjects project management processes, how to plan a project including the development of a Work Breakdown Structure and experience in the use of PCs and an understanding of the operating system.
This course aims to teaching students how to plan and control projects with and without resources up to an intermediate level using Microsoft Project 2013, 2016 and 2019.
This course aim to teach participants:
- The user interface and how to create projects,
- Scheduling projects without resources,
- Filters layouts, printing, baselines,
- Updating an un-resourced project,
- Creating and assigning roles and resources,
- Controlling projects with resources and costs,
- Tools and utilities.
- Project managers and schedulers who wish to learn how to use the software to schedule and control projects.
- Programme Managers, Project Managers and Project Control staff evaluating the software against their organizational requirements.
- Starting Microsoft Project Professional and Standard
- Identify the Parts of the Project Screen
- Customizing the Screen
- Microsoft Project Windows
- Status Bar
- Forms Available from the Ribbon Groups
- Right-clicking with the Mouse
- Finding the Task Bars in the Gantt Chart
- Setting up the Options
- Mouse Pointers
- Select All button
- Short Cut Keys
- Help – Tell me what to do
- Starting Microsoft Project
- Creating a Blank Project
- Opening an Existing Project
- Re-opening a Project
- Creating a Project Template
- Creating a New Project from a Template
- Saving Additional Project Information
- Using the Alt Key and Keystrokes to Access Commands
- Saving a Project
- Closing Microsoft Project
- Workshop 2 - Creating a Project.
- Understanding Tasks
- Adding New Tasks
- Understanding Change Highlight
- Copying and Pasting Tasks
- Copying Tasks from Other Programs
- Reordering Tasks by Dragging
- Sorting Tasks
- Task Information Form
- Elapsed Durations
- Indicators Column
- Assigning Calendars to Tasks
- Workshop 4 - Adding Tasks.
- Understanding the Network Diagram View
- Adding and Deleting Tasks in the Network Diagram View
- Adding, Editing and Deleting Dependencies
- Formatting the Task Boxes
- Formatting Individual Boxes
- Formatting the Display and Relationship Lines
- Early Date, Late Date and Float/Slack Calculations
- Workshop 8 – Schedule Calculations.