Planning & Control Using Microsoft Project 2013, 2016 & 2019
What you'll learn
- This course aims to teaching students how to plan and control projects with and without resources.
- Takes you up to an intermediate level.
- Suitable for Microsoft Project 2013, 2016 and 2019.
- Teaches you to update projects properly so the schedule will be accepted for the substantalion of delay claims.
- Students should be working in a project environment and understand how projects are planned and controlled.
- Students should have knowledge of the following subjects project management processes, how to plan a project including the development of a Work Breakdown Structure and experience in the use of PCs and an understanding of the operating system.
This course aims to teaching students how to plan and control projects with and without resources up to an intermediate level using Microsoft Project 2013, 2016 and 2019.
This course aim to teach participants:
- The user interface and how to create projects,
- Scheduling projects without resources,
- Filters layouts, printing, baselines,
- Updating an un-resourced project,
- Creating and assigning roles and resources,
- Controlling projects with resources and costs,
- Tools and utilities.
Who this course is for:
- Project managers and schedulers who wish to learn how to use the software to schedule and control projects.
- Programme Managers, Project Managers and Project Control staff evaluating the software against their organizational requirements.
Paul Harris holds an Honours Degree in Civil Engineering obtained in the UK and is a Certified Cost Engineer through AACEI International, a PRINCE2 Registered Practitioner and a “Managing Successful Programmes” Registered Practitioner. He has worked in the project controls industry for a number of years and has assisted many companies in a range of industries to set up and run project controls systems. His Melbourne, Australia based company, Eastwood Harris Pty Ltd, offers project controls consulting and training services world wide with a strong focus on Microsoft Project and Primavera software.
As a project controls consultant I have used a number of planning and scheduling software packages for the management of a range of project types and sizes. The first books I published were user guides/training manuals for Primavera SureTrak®, P3 and Microsoft Project users. These were well received by professional project managers and schedulers, so I decided to turn my attention to developing books that demonstrated how the software is used with project management methodologies such as PRINCE2 and the PMBOK® Guide. This book follows the same layout as my other books and I trust this book will assist you in understanding how to use Primavera P6 to plan and control your projects.