Planning efficient meetings
What you'll learn
- Reasons why meetings fail
- What makes a good meeting stand out
- What needs to be planned for a meeting depending on its type
- How to increase the show-up rate for your meetings
- How to make your meetings more fun
- How to prepare to manage conflict
Everybody has a need to run a meeting every once in a while. Some people are natural talents in facilitating others, some need a bit of structure and method to make the meeting efficient.
This course will step by step show you what constitutes a good well-prepared meeting, how it is different from a failed one, and how to prepare one yourself. We will talk about the reasons why meetings fail, and strategies to avoid it. We'll explore the anatomy of a face-to-face session, learn about different meetings types and prepare checklists to make our meetings better.
This course will not make you a professional facilitator, but it will give you enough confidence to prepare for your next big meeting.
Who this course is for:
- Anyone who has a need to run meetings from time to time, but who is not a professional facilitator
- Business analysts
- Project managers
- Team leads
- Line managers
Analyst's corner is an Endorsed Education Provider™ by IIBA® - International Institute of Business Analysis.
Igor, the founder and instructor, is a seasoned business analyst and a BA team manager with experience in the fields of e-commerce, content management, customer service, and software development.
His areas of expertise include Business Analysis, Project Management, Business process management, Enterprise Architecture, Quality Management, and Agile.
In addition to being an active practitioner, Igor has been teaching and mentoring business analysts and helped dozens of people get certified or achieve their career goals.
Igor is a frequent speaker at business analysis conferences (such as IIBA Australia Chapter's BA professional day), meetups and other events and is a volunteer facilitator for IIBA study groups.
Igor is an owner and editor-in-chief of Analyst's corner, a medium publication about business analysis and enterprise architecture.
In his professional career, Igor has been leading business analysis and process management teams at cybersecurity, consulting and retail organizations.
- Master's degree in Business process modelling and optimization
- Certified Business Analysis Professional™ (CBAP®) by IIBA®
- Certification in Business Data Analytics (IIBA®- CBDA) by IIBA®
Igor also has a list of qualifications in ISO 9000, ISO 31000, ITIL, Agile and industry specific certificates.