Plan a Backyard Forest mini-course
- Have an interest in gardening and wildlife
Using forest garden techniques, transform your backyard into a lush food forest, working with nature to grow edible crops whilst creating a wildlife haven.
Forest gardening is a sustainable, resilient and low-maintenance way of gardening. It emulates a woodland edge by using layers of perennial plants, with a permanent living ground cover.
We will cover:
Backyard Forest definition
Reasons to plan
Free PDF plan checklist
How to create a map
Bonus design tips
Who this course is for:
- Beginner/intermediate gardeners who are interested in creating their own wildlife friendly food forest
- 07:11Introduction & definition
- 04:12Reasons to plan
- 18:08Create a plan checklist
- 12:08How to create a garden map
- 05:42Bonus design guide
Jake moved to a farmhouse in West Wales UK in 2015 to pursue his vocation as a forest gardener. In a time of climate emergency, he passionately believes that a productive garden can be sustainable, wildlife-friendly *and* ornamental. He divides his time between forest garden design and teaching, the relentless planting of 3 acres of hillside and his relentless young family.