PL-900: Microsoft Power Platform Fundamentals
What you'll learn
- Describe the business value of Microsoft's Power Platform
- Identify the Core Components of Power Platform, including Dataverse (CDS), Connectors and AI Builder
- Demonstrate the capabilities of Power BI
- Demonstrate the capabilities of Power Apps
- Demonstrate the capabilities of Power Automate
- Demonstrate the capabilities of Power Virtual Agents
- You need to know how to use a computer, and hopefully know how to use a spreadsheet.
- No prior knowledge of Microsoft's Power Platform or any of its apps are required
- You need Windows 7 SP1 or above, or for other machines an internet browser (Edge or Chrome preferred) to access most of the apps used in this course.
- You need Windows 8, 10 or 11 to access Power BI Desktop; however, you can access the Power BI Service on other devices.
- There is a 30-day refund guarantee of this Udemy course (see Udemy's refund policy).
- Why not have a look at the curriculum below and see what you can learn?
This course covers the content required for the PL-900 certification exam, current as per the PL-900 exam update of 22 June 2023, including the minor changes as of 27 December 2023.
What do people like you say about this course?
Halima says: "Excellent delivery! This course is quite up-to-date with all the new terminologies included. It was just what I needed to pass the PL-900 exam on first attempt. Thank you : )"
Vibhaw says: "Pin point course to crack Pl-900 exam. Today i write the exam and got 807 marks. Thanks for your teaching."
Madeline says: "Scored a 740 out of 700 with this course and a few weeks of hands on power BI. It was my very first MS test. Thanks for the course!"
This course is the foundation for the Microsoft Certificate PL-900 "Microsoft Power Platform Fundamentals", and focuses on the various apps which make up the Power Platform, together with how they can be used by other programs, apps and services.
We'll start off with looking at Power BI. If you have a PC, we'll download for free Power BI Desktop, and look at the various processes which you can use on the Power BI Desktop. Then, we'll look at the Power BI Service (available through any modern web browser), see what you can do with this, and how they compare.
We'll then look at Power Apps. We'll get a free Developer edition and or free trial of Power Apps, and get some sample data using the Dataverse (previously known as the Common Data Service). We'll then create both a canvas and a model-driven Power App, while looking at the various types of connectors you can use to connect to different data sources.
Next up is Power Automate. Using our free Developer edition, we'll create several automated flows, and the different triggers and actions you can use.
The next app is Power Virtual Agents. We'll create a basic chatbot which can ask and answer a few questions. We'll then see how you can find out how well it is performing.
We will have a brief look at the AI Builder, and how models such as the business card reader, object detection model, form processing model and prediction model can be integrated into Power Apps and Power Automate.
We'll finish off by looking at how Power Platform can extend other business solutions, and some Power Platform administration and security.
No prior knowledge is required - we'll even see how to get a free Power Platform trial!
There are regular quizzes to help you remember the information, so you can be sure that you are learning.
Once you have completed this course, you will have a good introductory knowledge of Power Platform and what the capacities of these different apps are. And with some practice, you could even go for the official Microsoft certification PL-900 - wouldn't that look good on your CV or resume? And if you are an American college student, you might even get college credit for passing that exam.
So, without any further ado, let's have a look at how you can use Udemy interface, and then we'll have a look at the objectives for the exam and therefore the syllabus for this course.
Who this course is for:
- This course is for you if you want to understand what is available on Microsoft's Power Platform.
- By the end of this course, after entering the official Practice Tests, you could enter (and hopefully pass) Microsoft's official PL-900 exam.
- Wouldn't the "Microsoft Certified: Power Platform Fundamentals" certification look good on your CV or resume?
Hi. I'm Phillip, and I'm proud to Teach with Udemy as a Udemy Instructor Partner. I have been teaching on Udemy since 2015, and I have over 700,000 students and more than 40 video courses, including over a dozen Bestseller courses.
My courses include Power BI, Tableau, SQL Server, Power Platform (Power Apps, Power Automate, etc.), Azure, Microsoft Office, and more. Many of my courses follow requirements for official Microsoft certifications - so with a bit of practice, you could enter the exam and put it on your CV or resume.
I have been a Computing Consultant providing expert services in the development of computer systems and data analysis. I am one of 9 award winning Experts for Experts Exchange's 11th Annual Expert Awards. My interests are working with data, including Microsoft Power BI, Excel, Access, SQL Server, and the Power Platform.
I Do Data is dedicated to creating video courses on Udemy in a variety of computer-related topics, such as SQL in its different dialects and Microsoft Office.
Are you wanting to learn a new skill from the beginning? Or are you wanting to build on an existing skill? In either case, welcome.
Our courses are available on Udemy at any time, so you can watch them whenever you like, as often as you like.
For many of our courses, if you master the skills taught, you are able (if you wish) to take (and hopefully pass) the official certification offered by Microsoft, Tableau or other companies.
That would look good on your CV or resume? It could make the difference between getting a promotion, or a more rewarding job.
I Do Data courses are dedicated to enabling you to succeed.