Pixel art for Video games
What you'll learn
- Learn the fundations for creating anything in pixel art
- Create solid line work and stunning shading
- Learn how to build video-game mockups for your games
- Create create characters and animated them in minutes
- Create tiles in the top down RPG style
- Drawing pixel art in Isometric view, like an RTS game
- basic Photoshop knowledge is a plus
Imagine how cool your game would look in pixel art! Stop imagining!
==== UPDATED 26th of December==== *NEW SECTION* - Color theory
This section was added by popular demand as something that was missing from the course. Thank you for you patience, I wanted to make sure everything was as good as I could make it. Enjoy!
In this course I'll use my 10+ years of experience to teach you all you need to know to start making your own pixel art. You'll go from zero to full speed in no time with simple exercises that will teach you the foundations as well as advanced concepts that help give your pixel art creations that professional look.
Featuring over 6 hours of footage, you'll be able to follow step by step as I take you through the creation of some really cool pixel art!
- Configuring Photoshop to draw in pixel art
- Drawing lines and smooth shapes, such as circles
- Shading and texture
- The use of outlines
And once you get these concepts settled, you'll learn:
- Creating tiles and adding detail to tilled images
- Creating sprites while using a tile grid
- Creating tiles in the style of top-down RPG games
- Creating characters in top-down perspective
- Creating some medieval style hud elements
- Working in isometric perspective
- create a CHARACTER
- and ANIMATE it within minutes!
- Learn about color theory
As a bonus round you'll get a chance to create a unity project and actually see your character move and jump around on the screen just like if it was in your video-game
Take this course now and you will see your pixel art skill skyrocket!
Who this course is for:
- Programmers who want to create art for their video-games
- Artists and Designers who love the style of pixel art
- Game artists looking to expand their toolset with pixel art
I have been working in the games industry as an amateur since 1998. In 2003 I started as a professional. My projects range from all forms of game art, from 3d low-poly to 2d pixel art, vector or even animation. I've also taught illustration, 3d modeling, Flash animation and Photoshop at a professional school. I am currently working in mobile gaming