Pixel Art Environments: 2D Environment Design & Animation.
What you'll learn
- Create your own top-down and platformer based Pixel Art Environments in just a few hours.
- Develop the awesome skills to quickly create Pixel Art backgrounds and landscapes.
- Craft Pixel Art objects and environmental assets for decoration.
- Design unique 2D game backgrounds.
- Make interior environments such as brick walls and castle decorations.
- Understand how to create tile sets for top-down and platformer games.
- Create nature environments and assets.
- Build basic animations for assets and landscapes.
- Quickly become competent using the very popular LibreSprite / Asesprite software.
- Be part of an amazing and supportive community of people similar to you.
- No drawing tablet needed - computer, mouse and keyboard is all you need.
Want to make your games stand out? Pixel art is quick and easy, when you know how!
Learn how to create your own top-down and platformer based Pixel Art Environments in just a few hours.
Using the highly popular LibreSprite / Aseprite, you'll create dozens of pixel art assets throughout this course, including nature environments and assets, interior environments such as brick walls, castle decorations and more.
You’ll develop the skills to quickly create Pixel Art backgrounds and landscapes, and be crafting Pixel Art objects and environmental assets for decoration in no time!
All of this helps make your game stand out, which is ideal for game jams, packed game stores, portfolios and much more!
From creating Environment Pixel Art, to understanding colours, to creating animations and designing game backgrounds. You'll do it all!
By the end of the course you'll know how to create tile sets for top-down and platformer games, have designed game backgrounds, and built basic animations for assets and landscapes.
And, the environment design process can be applied to all types of 2D environment design, not just Pixel Art.
Whether you’re a beginner with pixel art, more intermediate and want to improve your skills, or a game developer working with 2D Engines, this course will help you.
Your instructor, Reece, will provide you with many tips and tricks to improve quickly and be efficient with your asset creation process.
All students have access to the Q&A where our Instructors, Teaching Assistants and Community are ready to help answer your questions and cheer on your success.
Jump in and start creating your awesome environments now!
Who this course is for:
- Pixel Artists (beginner to intermediate)
- Game Developers working with 2D Engines
- Anyone interested in becoming a Video Game Artist.
GameDev tv was created to help anyone learn how to develop, design and sell indie games. We have some of the best-selling and highest rating game development courses on Udemy.
We have more than a million students, and our aim is to make and maintain high quality courses that are engaging and entertaining for them.
GameDev tv offers comprehensive courses on Unity, Blender, Unreal, coding in C#, C++ and more. Looking to learn about a topic that we don't cover? Get plugged into our communities of amazing developers on Facebook (nearly 20k), in our own TA-curated Community (17k views/day), and our student chat group (10k live at any one time).
Reece has been tinkering with pixel art and game development since he was 16.
Growing up in a large family; video games were a huge part of Reece's childhood, inspired by his older siblings trying to create their own games eventually he made it his goal to one day start his own game studio and develop video games for a living. Fast forward to the present day; Reece is the CEO of Boundless Games, creating modernized-pixelated games influenced from the games he grew up with.
Reece has also garnered a fanbase for himself online through his game development YouTube channel, where he discusses the realities of full-time game development, helps beginner pixel artists find their way, and teaches valuable lessons he learns from his own past mistakes and current obstacles.
Reece has always loved helping others grow with what he discovers on his own journey, so joining GameDevTv was a no brainer. Get ready to learn!