Power BI for Excel Users - Work Smarter, Grow Faster
What you'll learn
- Understand what is good and bad data. Good data allows you to analyze it without wasting time in clean-up.
- Identify incoming data as good or bad and clean it up very fast. (unimaginably fast)
- Understand how to detect inefficiency while working and how to find the most efficient approach.
- Combine transnational data with master data without using VLOOKUP
- Import millions of rows of data and analyze it quickly
- Learn which type of visualization to use depending upon business reuqirements
- Create interactive and easy to understand dashboards using Power BI tools
- Use Power BI capabilities to find out interesting but usually unseen insights about data using "Quick Insights"
- Share the dashboards and reports with others in a secure manner
- You must know how to use Excel. You must also know how to use Pivot Tables.
- If you do not know Pivot Tables well, you can check my "Pivot Tables: Second Honeymoon" course.
Help you learn Power BI faster using the Excel knowledge you already have
Understand how to gather and clean data
Make you self-sufficient in applying this knowledge to your work
How to use Power BI and Excel to your advantage
If you use Excel, you are good to go.
No special preparation is required.
Just dive into the course and start learning.
No Power BI license required.
Use Power BI Desktop - which is completely free.
No knowledge of any programming language or database is necessary.
Who should take this course
Anyone who is using Excel will benefit from this course.
If you want to learn Power BI directly, that is also fine. Because the concepts are common.
Even if you are an expert, you will find new concepts and ideas which will amplify your impact
This course will enhance your Excel skills as well because Power Query and Data Model are also available in Excel
The entire Power BI life-cycle is covered.
Power BI - the concepts
Importing data from various sources
Cleaning up data for Analysis in Power BI
Consolidating data across sheets and files
Creating a cohesive database (data model)
Creating visuals and interactive reports
Natural language Question and Answer
Introduction to DAX functions
Power BI within Excel
How to learn and next steps
Who this course is for:
- Do you spend lot of time in getting data, cleaning it up and creating reports? Then this course is for you.
- This course is NOT for developers or SQL / Database programmers.
Microsoft’s Most Valuable Professionals for Office
Microsoft Regional Director (honorary title)
Written 2 books and 1000+ blog articles
Coached 273,000+ professionals in 2100+ organizations across 18 countries
Covers the entire Office 365 platform including Excel, Power BI, Exchange, Skype for business, OneDrive, SharePoint, Yammer.
My sessions are often referred to as "Magic Show" or "Eye Openers"
CEOs, CFOs and other senior leaders love my sessions and the only question they ask is "Why did I know all this earlier". They can see the loss of efficiency potential in their past lives after my session.
Unfortunately, there is no UNDO button for past life. However, after attending my sessions, you are yourself the magician. Office is a catalyst to your growth.
I am fully aware that nobody wants Office as their revenue mechanism. However, you must realize that irrespective of your area of specialization, most probably, you are using Office for 2 to 8 hours every day. If you do not know Office and especially Excel, your talent and expertise will not be able to express itself fully. It may even hinder your growth.
There are thousands of experts. Most of them specialize in a particular area. In my case, I have taken a lot of effort (12 years of my life) to ensure that I understand all tools from the Office 365 platform. That knowledge coupled with hundreds of thousands of actual interactions with users gives me a unique insight into the minds of users and what technology has to offer. All this is not my achievement. It is a great platform made available to the world by Microsoft.
Unfortunately, I don't know of a single person who has attempted to understand and utilize this powerful platform to her advantage.
It is my passion to share what I know with the world - in a simplistic yet powerful way so that you can grow in your career and business beyond your imagination.