Microsoft Excel Pivot Tables - The Beginner Course
- How to navigate the Excel ribbon (the menu options in Excel)
- How to create basic formulas in Excel
- How to copy and paste information in Excel
What's this course about
Pivot Tables are one of the most powerful features in Excel. Once you learn how to use Pivot Tables, they'll change the way you use Excel.
If you're not familiar with Pivot Tables, they're a tool that allow you to summarize large sets of information quickly and easily. You can analyze thousands of rows in a matter of seconds that could otherwise take hours trying to figure out using complex formulas.
This is an introductory Pivot Table course and gives the information you'll need to start using Pivot Tables.
Who will benefit from this course
If you're somebody that uses Excel on a regular basis to track or maintain information, you will definitely benefit from learning Pivot Tables.
You don't have to be a master of Excel formulas to take this course, but you should have a sound understanding of how to navigate around Excel before you take this course.
This would be considered an intermediate Excel course and students should understand basic mathematical calculations (e.g. addition, subtraction, multiplication and division) and formulas in Excel.
What you'll learn in this course
- How to create a Pivot Table
- How to summarize information in different ways using Pivot Tables
By the end of this course, you'll be able to take your own information and leverage Pivot Tables to answer questions with ease!
Who this course is for:
- Students should be relatively comfortable using Excel
- Students should understand basic mathematical calculations
- Students that work with lists of information will definitely benefit from this course
- 01:34Introduction to Preparing Your Data
- 05:10Formulas vs Pivot Tables
- 03:52How to Fix Your Data
Hi, I'm Matt.
I've been using Excel for over 15 years and learned a ton along the way. I've used Excel in some of Australia's largest companies developing Business Intelligence solutions that drive meaningful business results. Throughout my journey, the thing that has always energized me the most is seeing people's eyes light up when I show them something new for the first time.
Now, I'm the director at Stay Digital, a company dedicated to helping local businesses thrive online.
I hope I have the opportunity to show you something new for the first time and give you skills that will allow you to shine.