How to Pitch for Success and Improve Your Influence
What you'll learn
- Identify the basic building blocks of a good pitch.
- Recognize effective structure in a speech or presentation.
- Develop a basic hook for a pitch that catches attention.
- Outline the story elements necessary for a cohesive presentation.
- Delineate between good and bad non-verbal elements of a pitch.
- Detail how to get someone's permission before pitching.
- Name the role authenticity plays in an effective pitch.
- List the three main purposes of a pitch and how they work together.
- Explain what Hollywood can teach us all about pitching and winning.
- A computer with a good Internet connection (for lessons and examples).
- Time for lessons and exercises... designed to be bite sized but each lesson will take about 10 minutes.
- An open mind and a willingness to expand your knowledge.
Course Updated 12/30/15: Update included brand new video recordings, updated lessons for all sections, new interactive activity sheets for all lessons, new free resources and examples.
Join over 5,400 students taking this course to learn powerful techniques that help you whenever you need to pitch. Freelancers, entrepreneurs, and professionals.
I’ve been presenting and pitching as a sales person, trainer and coach for 30 years. Now I'm sharing the techniques I used to close millions of dollars in business and to successfully launch my online training business.
What You'll Learn in This Course:
- Discover the secret formula that can make your pitch powerful for inspiring your audience to act.
- Leverage your own individual strengths to connect with an audience of one, or of many quickly.
- Learn to structure for creating a pitch that will be comfortable and interesting at the same time.
- Recognize the elements of a good pitch so you can incorporate them into your own presentations, making you more effective and more influential.
Who Can Benefit From this Course?
Whether you’re a freelancer looking for a gig, a professional preparing for a job interview or an entrepreneur who wants to start your own business, you will benefit from knowing these helpful tricks and techniques.
This course is for anyone who wants to be more effective pitching to investors, selling to customers, or just presenting for work in a project meeting. If you are looking to improve your presentation skills, your public speaking skills, or your leadership skills then this course is for you. Inside you will gain access to simple to use, easy to learn tips that make you pitch more effectively, speak more confidently, and present more comfortably.
Is It Going to Be Boring and Dull?
Using short video lessons in conjunction with examples from speakers and leaders I will show you how to identify the keys to making your pitch memorable and engaging. Pitching is about influence and inspiring others to act. So no, not dull and dreary at all!
Learn to Amp Up Your Presentations
Enroll in the course and I will teach you how to use story structure to create presentations that inspire and let you lead with authority. Being a leader means mastering leadership skills, like communicating effectively and being able to rally a group to action.
This course will give you a fundamental understanding of what makes a pitch good and how to avoid some pitfalls that prevents many people from achieving their goals.
Who this course is for:
- Freelancers who want to network for jobs and gigs.
- Professionals who are preparing for a job interview.
- Anyone who attends (or wants to attend) business networking events.
- Entrepreneurs who need to pitch to customers or investors.
Business is about people and relationships. The quality of your connections can make a huge difference in your business success. My mission is to help you to network naturally, present powerfully and sell successfully, regardless of your industry.
Connections are the key. If you're not connecting with people, you're just collecting business cards. My goal is to design and deliver relevant, effective and entertaining programs that teach practical networking, presentation and selling skills for those committed to taking action. Improvement requires action, knowing what action requires knowledge and skill... that's where I can help.
If you can't access and use the information in a course, it's useless to you. Pitch for Success is all about teaching practical skills that anyone can use immediately to improve their ability to network, present and sell to really engage authentically with people. Whether that's at a networking event, presenting to a group of co-workers, or engaging in a selling conversation with a potential client, the ability to get people's attention and draw them into a meaningful conversation is critical. I want to help you make it natural and comfortable.
I bring all my experience to bear when I teach. I meld my IT technical and training background, 20 years of sales experience ($40 million in closed business), some brain science, a dose of psychology, a lifetime of living as a small business entrepreneur and 15 years of screenwriting into useful and fun courses to help you learn the skills you need to succeed. My career has taken me from the world of television, through two decades in technology sales, then to teaching IT engineering classes for Cisco, launching my own online training company, and most recently acting as a business advisor for the Small Business Administration in Virginia (SBDC). It all comes together to help me craft high quality learning for you that makes it easier and more fun to build the skills and confidence you need to meet and exceed your goals..
I strive to bring a fresh perspective to how people communicate and succeed in business and life, so you can learn the tools to naturally, comfortably and authentically stand out in a world crowded with noise and information.