- 1.5 hours on-demand video
- 6 articles
- 5 downloadable resources
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Brief on Pile foundation: Introduction, Classification of Piles, Use of Piles, Pile Driving, Pile Capacity, Pile Groups, Settlement of Piles and Pile Groups, Laterally Loaded Piles, Batter Piles, Design of Pile Foundation, Construction of Pile foundations, Illustrative Examples, Questions and Problems
- 1) Sufficient exposure to Soil Mechanics 2) Student must have basic Knowledge of Foundation Engineering
An intensive short duration course ideal for engineers and engineering technologists working for federal, state, or local authorities, consultants, and contractors. This course is ideal for those involved in the foundation design, and for those involved in local government work, and provides the pre-requisite learning for those wishing to undertake the expert course.
Brief on Pile Foundation:
Pile foundations are deep foundations. They are formed by long, slender, columnar elements typically made from steel or reinforced concrete, or sometimes timber. A foundation is described as 'piled' when its depth is more than three times its breadth. Atkinson, 2007
Course Objectives and Outcomes:
The course covers relevant topics from Foundation Engineering and gives you an insight on various topics in detail.
This course addresses various types of Pile foundation, Classification of Pile Foundation, Pile load capacity in compression, Pile in Granular soils (sand), Piles in Clay, Group Efficiency of Piles, Group Settlement Ratio, Settlement of Pile Group in clay, Settlement of Pile Group in Sand, Numericals on Settlement of pile group.
In this course, the student will be able to understand the various topics and terminologies used in Foundation Engineering.
This course will be helpful for Practicing Engineers, Consultants, Undergraduate and Post Graduate students, Researchers, Industry Specialist, Lab Instructors, and a wide array of Geotechnical Design Engineers.
You'll Also Get:
✔ Lifetime Access to course updates
✔ Fast & Friendly Support in the Q&A section
✔ Udemy Certificate of Completion Ready for Download
Don't Miss Out!
Every second you wait is costing you getting access from valuable learning.
Don’t take my word for it. Check the reviews and see what other students are saying.
"good" - Dangeti Srinivasa Manikya Vijaya Vardhan
"a good and an amazing course, you talked about pile foundations with detail.very hopeful course and i advice every one to enroll the course it gives you many idea and many informations about the pile foundations". Supêr course^^- Oussama Debbaci
"Nice" - Aditya Gupta
"i am very happy" - Mohammad Raza
I guarantee this is the most up-to-date and engaging course available, and it comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee.
We have a 30-day 100% money-back guarantee, so if you aren't happy with your purchase, we will refund your course - no questions asked!
- The UG, PG, Research Scholars, Consulting Geotechnical Engineers, Industry specialist, Practicing Engineers, and Faculty members from different institutions can enrolled themselves in course to get brief on Pile foundation
Deep Foundation, Introduction, Classification of Pile
Group Efficiency of Piles, Group Settlement Ratio, Settlement of Pile Group in clay, Settlement of Pile Group in Sand, Numericals on Settlement of pile group
Pile Capacity using Dynamic Pile formula, Engineering News-Record Formula, Numerical based on Pile Capacity using Dynamic Pile formula, Modified Hiley formula, Negative Skin Friction, Negative Skin Friction in a single pile, Negative Skin Friction for a group of piles, Effect of negative skin friction on Factor of Safety, Underreamed Piles, Selection of Pile types, Pile Load Test, Types of Pile Load Test
The voice-over is not there in the lecture as it is self-study.
Kindly solve these problems on your own. Once you are done with the problems, go through the solutions.
The voice-over is not there as the solution is self-sufficient to complete this lecture- numerical problems on pile foundation.
These problems are conceptual on covering topics viz. design of mechanically stabilized walls (not a part of Pile foundation), Settlement of Pile Groups, Using Elastic Methods and Brooms method for finding the allowable lateral load Qg at Ground level, the ultimate point load using the Vesic method, the ultimate shaft friction resistance, and the total allowable design load.
• To study the different methods for analyzing and designing foundation structures.
• Foundation structures are responsible for safely transferring the load of the superstructure (building, bridges, etc.) to the supporting soil without failure or excessive settlement.
• In this course, we will discuss three different types of foundations:
• Shallow Foundations
• Deep Foundations
• Lateral earth retaining structures
• Understanding the principles of soil mechanics is a prerequisite to learning this course