The Pilates Practice: Uncovering the Basics
What you'll learn
- Learn the basics of Pilates to ensure a solid foundation for your future workouts.
- Learn how to master Pilates movements safely and effectively, in the comfort of your home.
- Learn about what Pilates is, and how you can benefit from it.
- Learn about the 6 Pilates principles and their practical application.
- Learn the essential breathing techniques, namely posterior-lateral breathing.
- Learn about important placement positions, such as imprint & neutral and scapular stability.
- Learn a selection of the exercises from the Pilates repertoire, from a beginner to intermediate level.
- Consult with a doctor prior to starting the course with any medical concerns.
- A thick mat to cushion the spine, a small cushion for the head & neck and a small towel.
- Please note: this course is not suitable for pregnancy or for anyone where exercises are contra-indicated, e.g. osteoporosis.
IS THIS COURSE FOR YOU?
If you're new to Pilates and are looking to learn the basics, this is a good place to start. Pilates can be a little intimidating when first starting out, as there are so many different elements to think about when practising. This course has been designed to break it down for you in a simplified way, with the focus on ensuring your safety and convenience.
WHAT YOU WILL GET:
4+ hours of Pilates lectures (theory and practical).
Lifetime access to revisit a selection of the classic Pilates repertoire, taught from a beginner to intermediate level.
A pre-workout body scan breathing meditation (audio), to assist with a mindful practice.
Pre and post workout stretching videos.
30-day money back guarantee.
HOW THE COURSE CAN BENEFIT YOU:
Once completing the course, you'll have increased confidence in your ability to practice Pilates. In whichever way you choose to move forward, your new basic knowledge will ensure that you're equipped for any mat work class.
If you feel happy to continue using these workouts to perfect and grow your practice, this course provides the framework in which to do so. With consistency, you'll be sure to witness positive changes in your body. Whether it's increased strength and flexibility or an improvement in your niggling aches and pains, the potential is endless in gaining a healthy body and mind, for an improved quality of life.
Please come and join me in the first lecture by clicking on the enrolment button...
*NEW*: "The Pilates Playlist" is now available. This course is designed to provide 20-minute daily workouts, for a beginner and intermediate level. It naturally follows on from this course. If you've enjoyed it and would like to continue applying your learned knowledge to a workout routine, the option is there for you.
Who this course is for:
- Anyone new to Pilates, looking to learn the basics of the practice.
- Anyone seeking a convenient online Pilates mat work course, using minimal accessories.
- Anyone longing for the essential Pilates knowledge, to enable confidence when joining mat work group classes.
- Anyone wanting to strengthen their body - with improved flexibility, co-ordination and balance.
- Anyone looking for a method of exercise that will help alleviate stiffness, aches and pains in the body.
Hey there, I'm Robyn.
I'm an artist and Pilates instructor. I was born and raised in sunny South Africa. Art and wellness are my two great passions in life. Although they're on completely opposite sides of the spectrum, they make up who I am and I’m constantly striving to strike a balance between the two.
It all started back in 2001. After a brief trial of studying law, I quickly realised I was more in love with creativity. I quickly moved to London, continuing my studies at Central Saint Martin’s College, specialising in fashion design. During that time, I had the exciting opportunity of working for Giorgio Armani in Milan. I continued working in the industry for 12 years, which included starting my own business, designing and manufacturing luxury handbags and accessories.
Following this long stint in fashion, I decided to take a chance and followed my heart by pursing my dream of becoming an artist. By this stage, my health took a knock and I was simultaneously propelled into a journey of healing. I struggled with a debilitating and painful hip condition called Femoroacetabular Impingement - I know, quite a mouthful! Doctors advised me to operate on both hips, but I opted to experiment with alternative, less intrusive options first, and this led me to Pilates.
During this healing period, I discovered the benefits of Pilates, combined with TRE (Trauma and Tension Releasing Exercises) and Thai Yoga Massage. Not only were my hip issues resolved, but my overall health improved to the point that I was inspired to take this type of healing to others. I went on to qualify as a Pilates instructor, TRE Provider and Thai Yoga Massage Therapist.
RewbyPilates was started in a little studio in Cape Town. I taught Pilates in lovely space, surrounded by chiropractors and specialists. Quite often, I would take on referred patients as an added measure to their rehabilitation. I was teaching private and semi-private classes from this studio, or privately at client's homes. Occasionally, I acted as a Pilates model for the creation of course material for the Pilates Academy SA, allowing me to learn and perfect my own practice under the guidance of Katya Kinski.
In 2018, I travelled the world, exploring destinations in South East Asia, America, Australia, Africa and Europe. During that time, I continued to practice Pilates, and realised the benefits of having this invaluable knowledge at my disposal. Wherever I found myself, I was always in a position to take care of my health by simply using a mat and my bodyweight.
Now that I’ve settled in Australia, I’ve taken the leap to teach Pilates online. My objective is to share my knowledge via online courses and relevant platforms. My hope is to inspire, equip and strengthen all those looking to develop and grow in their own practice. What I love most about this way of learning is the community, and the fact that people come from all over the world to learn! I've gained incredible knowledge from other instructors, and I hope I can do the same for you.
If there is anything I can help you out with, please connect. I would love to hear from you.
Until then, enjoy the courses.