BENEFITS OF RESISTANCE BAND TRAINING
· Strengthen and tone your whole body and put minimal stress on our joints, reducing the chance of injury.
· You can change the intensity of your workout gradually by increasing the resistance of the band, which means you can progress at your own pace.
· Bands are light and portable so you can use them at home, or even when you are away or in the office. This saves you time and money as you don’t need a gym membership.
· They add variety to your training program, so you don’t get bored and stay motivated.
· When bands are combined with Pilates exercises our muscle fibres are strengthened much more as you can work on each muscle group individually.
ABOUT THIS PROGRAM
The Resistance Band Super Strength Series- Sydney, consists of 12 short videos that can be completed over a 7-day period, or at your own pace depending on your fitness level. Each video is specifically designed to strengthen one part of your body including the legs, arms, back, core and feet. There are also 3 stretching videos included in the program.
It is recommended that you do the videos once per day and repeat the series 3 times if possible, to gain maximum benefit. You can change the resistance band strength along the way as your strength increases.
Your personal online instructor is Dr Fleur who is a qualified Chiropractor, Pilates teacher and personal trainer with 19 years’ experience in the health and fitness field and previously was an elite athlete. She created this safe and effective resistance band series for people that are fairly new to exercise or have suffered injuries previously and want to gain strength again, as she knows from personal experience how frustrating it can be to train in big gyms with minimal help from qualified instructors.
When she was living in Hong Kong from 2017-2019, she found that the gyms there were catering for people that were at a much higher fitness level. Fleur had suffered a back injury while training to be an elite athlete many years ago and a recent flare-up of symptoms meant that she had to be very careful at the gym and couldn’t cope with the intensity of training in group exercise classes. After feeling sore and disillusioned for a few months she decided to create a safe, low impact resistance band program that could help people like herself that were frustrated with gyms and group classes.
This resistance band course is the first of a 2-part series that she created for people that want to gain strength safely and effectively and was filmed in Sydney, Australia. The second part was shot in beautiful Santo Island, Vanuatu just before lockdown in March 2020 (can be purchased on Udemy separately).
Join now and you will be taking a step toward staying active, healthy and happy as you age!
You can ask Dr Fleur any questions that you may have along the way through the Udemy platform or by accessing the course Facebook group.