Piano With Willie: Blues n' Boogie Vol. 2
What you'll learn
- Learn how to practically apply these techniques to quickly use them in your playing
- Gain a deeper understanding of chords and their usage
- Learn techniques that the pro’s use to make their playing sound professional
- Learn music theory and how to use it in your playing
- Learn how to visualize the keyboard making you a more accurate player
- Improve your technique, speed and dexterity at your instrument
- Apply these techniques to piano, keyboard or organ
- Analyze and solve music theory and chord progressions
- You will need a piano or keyboard in order to take this course
Piano With Willie offers lessons to all skill levels of piano players. Willie uses the Foundational / Fundational approach when creating his lessons. Build upon your technique and polish up your skills with our piano lessons. This lesson picks up where volume 1 left off and teaches you more advanced Blues techniques. You’ll learn the “common” shuffle and Jimmy Yancey grooves. I’ll also explain the triplet feel and how it is written.
You will learn the scales and rhythm needed to play common shuffle grooves. We will introduce 7 different shuffle grooves that you can incorporate into your Boogie style playing.
Who this course is for:
- Not for students who are looking for a “quick fix” to learning the piano
Willie has toured both the U.S. and Europe as clinician and performer. He is a graduate of the well renowned Berklee College of Music. He has studied in New York with Fred Hersch and in Boston with Ray Santisi. Willie has produced three recordings as bandleader and his music has been featured radio stations nationwide.
Willie is also the founder of PianoWithWillie, an online teaching website that makes it easy to learn Jazz, Blues, Gospel Piano and more online.
The PianoWithWillie method has taught students from all around the globe. By combining foundational and fun'dational elements, Willie's students are able to learn how to become a self-expressive pianist very quickly.
"I learned as a kid that the best part of learning the piano is playing the piano." says Willie. Using the PianoWithWillie method and Willie's step-by-step lessons, it is possible and easier than you think to become a pianist.