Physics 100: Mastering Impulse, Momentum, and Collisions
What you'll learn
- Students will be able to solve a wide variety of problems dealing with impulse, momentum, and collision problems
- How to setup up problems dealing with collisions
- Difference between elastic and inelastic collisions
- Learn how to apply the Impulse-Momentum Theorem
- Basic physics knowledge: vectors
- Able to calculate the area under a curve for basic shapes
This comprehensive course covers impulse, momentum and conservation of linear momentum.
The course combines lectures that summarize the important concepts and tutorials that will guide you and help you develop a problem solving strategy. You'll learn how to apply conservation of momentum principles to study collisions.
Topics include in this class are:
1) Linear Momentum and Newton's 2nd Law
2) Calculating Impulse and Average Forces
3) Conservation of Linear Momentum
4) Kinetic Energy of a System
5) Collisions in 1-Dimension
6) Collisions in 2-Dimensions
7) Rocket Propulsion: Thrust Force and Speed
There are over 40 fully solved problems ranging in difficulty. I've mixed in many conceptual problems as well as algebraic problems to help you practice applying energy principles to solve problems.
If at any point you don't understand something in my videos please feel free to reach out. I'm always willing to help someone learn. Physics Ninja always has your back!
Physics Ninja and Expert Physics and Math Teacher.
Who this course is for:
- High school physics students
- AP physics students
- College physics students
- University physics students
- Anyone who wants to learn more about collisions
My name is Dr. E. I'm a physicist and I love teaching math and physics. I obtained my Ph.D. in physics and have been teaching physics now for over 15 years. I currently work as an engineer in mobile consumer electronics and am an adjunct physics faculty at Harper College in Chicago. I previously taught physics for the Princeton Review with a focus on MCAT physics and also trained new physics teachers. Visit my website to learn more about me.
I created these courses to make quality education more affordable. I tutor a lot of students and i know how expensive it can be to find a great, reliable tutor. All of my classes are a mix of lectures, where i review the basic theory and go over key concepts, and tutorials, where i show you how to solve problems and help you develop your own problem solving strategies. The classes contain several example problems for each topic and at the end i typically put together a series of problems ranging in difficulty for you to practice on your own. After you've tried to solve the problems on your own, come watch the videos and see how a Physics Ninja would solve the problem.
All of my courses are comprehensive which means they tend to be longer than other courses. I don't believe you can really learn physics with a 5-hour course covering a semesters worth of physics. To learn physics, you have to practice solving problems, all types of problems, conceptual and algebraic.
I'm committed to all of my students and reply to all emails and questions within 24 hours.