Physics: Simple Harmonic Motion, Waves & Sound (AP Physics)
What you'll learn
- Simple Harmonic Motion
- Angular frequency
- Sine wave equation & phase angle
- Velocity & acceleration in SHM
- Spring constant k - time period & frequency
- Kinetic and potential energy in SHM
- The pendulum & SHM
- What is wave motion
- The wave function
- Transverse wave
- Derivation of wave velocity in X direction
- Derivation of wave velocity equation
- Kinetic energy & potential energy of a wave (includes derivation)
- Standing waves and resonance (nodes and anti nodes)
- Longitudinal waves and sound (longitudinal Vs. transverse)
- Displacement and pressure in a sound wave (compression and rarefaction)
- Interference of sound waves (longitudinal)
- Sound intensity and decibel scale (the logarithmic scale)
- Each lesson starts with basic physics before it reaches the advanced level. You will understand faster if you have some foundation in physics (say class 10)
learn faster, learn better with me!
This physics course includes -
Simple harmonic motion
Physics of springs and pendulum
Velocity & acceleration in SHM
Spring constant k & mass - time period & frequency
Kinetic and potential energy in SHM
Physics of a pendulum & SHM
What is wave motion in physics
The wave function
Transverse wave and wave function
Derivation of wave velocity in X direction
Derivation of wave velocity equation
Kinetic energy & potential energy of a wave (includes derivation)
Standing waves and resonance (nodes and anti nodes)
Sound (longitudinal wave Vs. transverse wave)
Displacement and pressure in a sound wave (compression and rarefaction)
Interference of sound waves (longitudinal)
Physics of sound intensity and decibel scale (the logarithmic scale)
Whats different about my courses:
When I create content for the physics lessons, I think deeply around the areas where students struggle and feel confused. My lessons tackle these parts in depth. Also, I believe visual representation of various ideas in physics makes a lot of impact. The lessons have visuals and animations that are thought through for faster learning and absorption of the subject
And most importantly, I make myself available to answer questions of students enrolled in my course
My students, some are wonderful teachers too :), wrote this to me
Bobbie Smith: Amazing explanations, I really learned a lot. Thank you.
Satyam Jha: amazing!! i could not understand vector physics in my class but here it is very easy to understand Thanks a lot!!
Csaba (teacher): I learned new ideas. I'm looking to try them in my professional practice as a physics teacher.Thanks! :)
Fernando P. Radaza: It help me a lot to understand better about physics of Work, Power & Energy.
Chamara Dilshan: it's good, explaining every small thing ,it's good to start physics beginners
Onofrio : The lessons given by the teacher are very interesting! Excellent course!
Simaran: Very deep understanding of the subject
Shiva: Very knowledgeable and sounds very nice and helpful
Gallina: Excellent the lessons held by the teacher with exhaustive explanations and well illustrated. Well done course!
Smith: Great course.The presentation is very clear. Thank you.
Pawan Kumar: The way to teaching us is amazing with all diagrams
Samit This course has a lot of good content and very well presented. Thank you
Dani (teacher): It was concise and consequent. The exercises were good exposed and explained. Simply excellent. I promise, that i will use some ideas in my every day practice in my classroom. I'm also teaching physics, but in Hungarian. I finished this course to improve my skills, first of all in interesting approaches, and foreign language skills as well. This course was exactly what I expected!
You get -
You get lifetime access to this course
You can write to me for any support
A certificate of completion from Udemy
money back guarantee (valid within 30 days)
Lets start a conversation! go ahead and enroll!!
Who this course is for:
- High school physics , AP physics, physics 1
- Students preparing for competitive exams; CBSE, IIT-JEE, NEET and Freshman engineering
- Physics enthusiasts & curious minds who wish to understand how things work
- Introductory college level physics for freshmen
- Teachers who wish to sharpen their teaching style
Physics teacher | Engineer | Khan Academy talent hunt finalist
So happy to have you reading this!
Over last 20 years, my love for physics has grown with every new student I've come in touch with. In these years I have really come to understand the discomfort a student goes through when he or she tries to figure out this beautiful subject.
When I create courses, I think deeply around the areas where students struggle. My lessons tackle these parts in depth. The lessons become a lot easier to understand through the animation I build to teach the concepts. This helps my students move a lot faster between lessons. Do check out the the free sample videos in each course
Please feel free to write to me any questions you might have. I'll be happy to answer your queries personally.