Physics: from Galileo to Einstein
- 9 hours on-demand video
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Some elements of the conceptual foundations of Classical Physics (mechanics, thermodynamics, electromagnetism), and non classical Physics (Relativity and Quantum Physics).
- Most of the lectures require no math, with exception of a few parts which resort briefly to some basics of high school math, algebra and calculus. Otherwise no prerequisites or math needed (though students with a technical background may have an advantage.)
- It is not a university level physics course. However, it raises the level beyond a standard popular science lecture. Which means that you will take your time to go through some material more than once.
This is an overview of the conceptual foundations of physics, from its inception in the 17th century with Galileo Galilei and Newton to the 20th century physics of Einstein (and somewhat beyond). It is for those who would like to get an overview at a bit higher level of popularized science but less than an academic one, and without having to piece together with long searches all the concepts from different sources. Special emphases is set on the philosophical implications of the 20th century findings such as on determinism and final causes in physics.
- People passionate about science who are looking for a serious and rigorous introduction to the basics of modern physics beyond the oversimplified representations of media hypes but without having to attend college.
From Planck's blackbody radiation to Bohr's atom, the photoelectric effect and Compton scattering.