Phrases, Clauses, Sentences - For better reading and writing
- 2 hours on-demand video
- 24 downloadable resources
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- At the end of the course, students will be able to break apart large chunks of texts into smaller, and more understandable parts
- This course will help with comprehending advanced level texts.
- Students will be able to write more advanced and sophisticated sentences.
- Students will need to have basic awareness of parts of speech, such as nouns, verbs and adverbs.
- This course may be challenging for beginners but the step by step approach to the curriculum should help the learners.
This course is designed to help the learners' understanding and application of different phrases, clauses and sentences, which will ultimately help the learners with reading comprehension and writing. Below is a list of all the different concepts you will learn on this course.
- PHRASES - Prepositional, Infinitive, Gerund, Adjective, Participle, Noun, Verb, and Phrasal Verbs
- CLAUSES - Independent, Adverbial, Relative, and Noun
- SENTENCE - Simple, Compound, Complex, Compound-Complex
Learning these concepts is fundamental to writing more complex and sophisticated writing and being able to write better will also help you to comprehend similar texts.
If you have plans to take IELTS or TOEFL, this course is a MUST for you. This course can help you to comprehend and write in more formal English.
1. Lecture - There is a lecture which explains each concept
2. Quiz - Each lecture is followed by a quiz.
3. Exercise Resource - Learners can then download the exercises and have further practice to strengthen their understanding.
- English as a foreign/second language learners who want to become better writers and understand complex texts more easily.
- Other English learners who wish to brush upon their knowledge of phrases, clauses and sentences