PHP with PDO: Build a Basic Task List with PHP, PDO & MySQL
- 3 hours on-demand video
- 4 articles
- 5 downloadable resources
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Build a Basic Task List with PDO, PHP and MySQL
- Perform CRUD (Create, Read, Update and Delete) Operations with PHP Data Object (PDO)
- Protect any web application against SQL Injection
- In depth understanding of PHP Data Object (PDO)
- Dealing with Errors in PHP Data Object (PDO)
- Send Request via Ajax without page Refresh
- Prompt support and value for your money
- Access to my Introduction to Programming in PHP Course on Devscreencast dot com
I'll go over the broad topics we'll cover in the course, as well as the finish product of the system that we will develop in this course. I'll also covered what is required to take this course, target audience and the benefits that will be derived from taking this course.
In this lecture you will gain an introductory understanding of PHP Data Objects (PDO) and know why you should learn how to use it.
You will also understand the difference between Data Objects (PDO) and MySQLi Api.
in this video a I'll walk you through the project directory structure and general overview.
In this lecture you will learn how to update task details using jQuery Ajax to send request to a PHP script. You will learn how to make HTML elements editable, so that you don't need to create a separate form to edit a task, you simply click and start editing when you're done the request will be sent to PHP script for processing via Ajax.
- Already Setup PHP Development Environment running PHP 5.1 with a basic understanding of PHP Programming Language
- Basic understanding of SQL Language (Every Query is well explained)
- Little OOP knowledge will be nice but not required to follow along
This course teaches PHP Data Objects (PDO), one of the available API for connecting to databases within PHP. PDO is an object oriented extension which was introduced with PHP 5.1, taking advantage of several features introduced into PHP at that time.
In this step by step course both beginners and experienced web developers will gain a comprehensive understanding of the modern PDO extension and how it can be used to create scalable database driven application.
This PHP with PDO course uses MySQL database to teach PDO concept and finally you learn how to build a basic task list using the concepts that has been taught in the course.
In this course I use simple examples that can be easily understood to illustrate concepts and build upon it.
See What Students are saying
"This was perfect for my skill level as an advanced beginner to lower intermediate PHP developer. Terry wastes no time, and the whole course is packed with great information. I also really like the Material Design CSS and JS used in the course, since I had never used it before. I am very appreciative of this knowledge I gained, and plan to go through the whole thing again, and use it as a reference later." - Collin Stubblefield
"Managed to complete making a PDO tasklist! very helpful! the content is well put together! understood some core concept of PHP PDO! overall highly recommended! keep making more videos! If you can make a shopping cart! for tutorial basis! thanks!" -Brian Gichohi
"The instructor is clear and engaging also knowledgeable and passionate about the course. The course is well taught by the instructor" - Abimbola Makinwa
"Terry is a great teacher. He goes the extra mile to ensure student satisfaction. He even offers to remotely connect to your machine to help out if your code is not working the way it should. Thanks ever so much." - Sahid Camara
If you ever encounter any problem why taking this course, don't worry I am always here to help and guide you through. Enroll today and get the skills and knowledge you need to succeed as a PHP developer. Every minute you let by is money and opportunity that are passing you by.
- This PDO course is for anyone who is not familiar with PHP Data Objects database API and/or students looking for a quick refresher on PDO.
- Want to learn and understand a multi platform database API
- You want to migrate from MySQLi or MySQL to PDO
- PHP Developers who want to learn how to use PDO for database driven application.