Basic PHP Development with Bootstrap, GitHub and Heroku
- A computer
- An Internet Connection
This course is designed to equip students with the basic knowledge on how PHP works with HTML and CSS. It equips students with the fundamentals of PHP programming, teaches them about the benefits of using source control and ultimately allows you to publish your finished website to the internet.
Why Learn PHP
PHP was designed to make web development easier, and many beginners find it effortless to pick up and get started with. In fact, PHP code was so easy to pick up, many non-programmers end up being able to hack PHP code together without truly understanding the code.
The top 5 reasons to learn PHP are:
Designed to Scale
Active Support Community
At the end of this course, you should be able to:
Understand the PHP Application Flow
Understand how to use:
Date/Time and String Manipulation
Understand Bootstrap 4 CSS Framework
Use Visual Studio Code Efficiently
Deploy using Heroku Hosting
Manage Projects with GitHub
- Setup a PHP Environment using XAMPP15:39
- Visual Studio Code - Web Development Add ons11:31
- Create a GitHub Account13:01
- Create a Heroku Account08:01
- How PHP Works28:52
- IF...ELSE Statements18:55
- Switch Statements09:07
- FOR Loop10:27
- WHILE AND DO...WHILE Loops14:20
- PHP Arrays and Manipulation13:21
- String Manipulation Functions27:42
- Date and Time Manipulation Functions14:56
- User Defined Functions22:15
- PHP Include and Require22:08
- PHP Website Layout - With Bootstrap22:48
- Add Project to Github08:24
- Deploy To Heroku20:09
- Bonus Discounts00:20
I am a Software Engineer and part time lecturer.
With a Master's Degree in Computer Science, I have spent over a decade teaching Web, Software and Database Development Courses. I also have as much industry experience in Web Application Development and Azure Cloud System and Server Administration.
I enjoy teaching IT and Development courses and hope to impart the latest in industry standards and knowledge to my students.