PHP and Wordpress for Beginners
What you'll learn
- Build a good business or personal website with Wordpress
- Build a basic website with PHP
- Install WordPress locally
- Install WordPress on Shared Hosting
- Setup PHP development environment
- Update PHP Webpages easily
- Understand PHP Data Types
- Understand PHP Variables
- Understand PHP Functions
- Understand PHP Conditional Statements
- Understand PHP Loops
- Understand Wordpress Themes
- Understand Wordpress Plugins
- Understand Wordpress Widgets
- Understand how to login and logout of Wordpress
- You should have basic knowledge of HTML and CSS
- You should be able to use a PC at beginner level
- You should be able to navigate the internet at beginner level
PHP is a popular programming language that you can use to write simple code for web pages. If you have been using HTML to develop websites, learning PHP will allow you to create dynamic pages. In this course, you will learn the fundamentals of PHP. The course covers concepts such as how to embed PHP code into an HTML page, and reviews the basic PHP data types such as strings and arrays. The course also covers the different control structures in PHP, how to work with built-in PHP functions, and how to define your own custom functions.
PHP is one of the the most popular server-side language used to build dynamic websites.
- How to setup local PHP development environment
- What is PHP
- Basic PHP Syntax
- PHP Data Types
- PHP Variables
- PHP Variable Scopes
- PHP Arrays
- Using Print and Echo Statements
- Using code comments
- PHP Operators
- Using PHP Conditional Statements to make decisions
- Using switch statement
- Using while loops
- Using For and foreach loops
- PHP Functions
- Function arguments
- PHP String functions
- Creating custom functions
- PHP String functions
- PHP Include statement
- Using echo and print statement
- PHP Date functions
- Building a simple PHP wesite
In this course you will learn how to create a good looking and functional website from scratch using WordPress without knowing how to code. The course gives you the option of creating a website on a remote shared hosting computer that the whole world can visit or on you own computer where you can show your creativity to friends and family.
Why pay hundreds or even thousands of dollars or pounds to a professional web developer to create a website for you when you can learn to do it yourself in a fun way and maybe even create websites for others yourself.
What you will learn includes:
- How to install WordPress on your own computer
- How to signup for a shared hosting account
- How to register a domain name
- How to install WordPress on a shared hosting remote server (powerful computer that is on 24/7)
- How to install and customise a theme
- How to install and use plugins
- How to add a slider with images to website
- How to add video to website
- How to add image gallery to website
- How to create webpages
- How to add a functional contact form to website
- How to add google map to show your location
- How to create a logo
- How to add social media icons to website
By the end of this course, you will have a good looking WordPress website and would learnt some useful skills along the way.
Who this course is for:
- Beginner PHP Developers
- Beginner We Developers
- Beginner Programmers
- Beginners to Wordpress
We are experienced company that provides quality video based training .
Our courses are easy to follow and understand and will take you from
an absolute beginner with no technical skills to being efficient and confident with various technical skill like SQL and databases.
We have worked with companies of various sizes and provided consultancy services at various levels.
Thank you for learning with us and we hope your experience will be pleasant.