Photoshop Photographic Effects
What you'll learn
- All instructors images are included
- Learn Photoshop, while having fun
- Paint with light, change the time of day or even the weather in your photographs
- Stylize your photos with different film and processing looks without the need for plugins or actions
- Go beyond the basic tools in Photoshop, with this project oriented training
- Create professional quality special effects in Photoshop easily with the step by step tutorials
- Mimic real world camera and lens effects
- Use Layers, masks, channels, quick masks, filters, brushes and more
- Photoshop CS2-CS6
Join one of the world’s foremost Photoshop experts, Colin Smith. Colin shares his mouth-watering recepies, that will turn your photographs into jaw-dropping masterpieces. He reveals how to mimick the coolest traditional darkroom techniques and a whole lot more that would usually require thousands of dollars of special gear. He studied photographs that used special development processes and equipment, such as tilt-shift lens, toy cameras etc. He then deconstructed the looks and turned them into easy to follow photoshop techniques.
Learn how to change the time of day, the weather and even the environment. These techniques are just like magic! All of these original techniques stand up to industry standards, because Colin has used them in his professional work for years. You will be amazed at how easy these techniques are once you know the “secret sauce.” All the photographs have been taken by Colin, so there are no canned, stock photos. You won’t find these techniques in the user manual... or anywhere else.
Photographers and designers will celebrate this
one-of-a-kind title in their learning library.
Who this course is for:
- Those who want to use Photoshop as a creative tool and move beyond just the basic theory and tool-based workflow
- Photographers wanting to add a touch of creativity to their photographs
- Designers who want to really make an impact
- Enthusiasts who are looking to be inspired as they learn
Colin Smith is a best-selling author, trainer, and award-winning digital artist who has caused a stir in the community with his stunning Photoshop work. Colin is also known as a pioneer of HDR photography. Colin is an Adobe ACP (Adobe Community Professional), He is founder of one the world’s most popular Photoshop resource sites, PhotoshopCAFE.com, which boasts over 30 million visitors.
With over 18 years of experience in the creative industry, Colin was formerly Senior Editor and Creative Director for VOICE magazine. He is a regular columnist for Photoshop User magazine. He has been featured in most major imaging magazines including, Computer Arts, Macworld, After Capture, PSD Photoshop, Advanced Photoshop, Photoshop Creative, Digital Photographer, Web Designer magazine and a host of others.
Colin’s digital imaging work has been recognized with numerous awards, including, MacWorld Digital Design and 3 Guru awards at Photoshop World 2001 and 2002. He’s authored or co-authored more than eighteen books on Photoshop, including the best-selling How to Do Everything with Photoshop (McGraw-Hill/Osborne) and award-winning Photoshop Most Wanted, as well as being pominentely featured in the Hall Of Fame book, New Masters Of Photoshop and New Masters of Photoshop 2 (The only artist featured in both editions). Colin is also creator of the Photoshop Secrets Video training series (PhotoshopCD.com). He is in high demand across the United States as a lecturer, presenting his Photoshop techniques to Photographers and graphics professionals across the nation. He has been a speaker at such conferednces as WPPI, Flash Forward, NVision, Photoshop World, PIDE, PIDE, DL Expo, Creative Suite Conference, Cre8, Create Chaos, Deviant Art Summit and many more. In 2012 Colin was the featured speaker for a Multi-City Tour (Route CS6) Sponsored by Adobe. Colin has consulted such companies as Adobe Systems, Edison International, Apple and Disney Studios.