Photoshop | GIMP: Quick & Easy Image Hacks for Beginners
What you'll learn
- Save time, money, and sanity by no longer having to depend on others for simple image fixes and edits.
- Eliminate confusion about which images are OK to use, what copyrights mean, and why it's best to always be original or use royalty-free images.
- Have a deeper understanding of basic graphic design skills for creating and editing images that look professional and enhance your online presence.
- Know how to make the most commonly needed and essential edits using Adobe Photoshop on a PC or MAC. (30 day free trials are available from Adobe's website)
- Know how to also make the most commonly needed and essential edits using the free image editing program, GIMP.
- Learn the proper way to save your files for print and the web as well as protect all your hard work in the event of computer/harddrive failure.
- Harness the emotional power of composition, image choice, layout, color, and more for boosting engagement and increasing clicks and sales.
- Bring an open mind and either Photoshop or GIMP to get started. The techniques described in this course can also be used in ANY imaging software regardless of type or version.
Are you ready to take charge and learn simple, quick, and efficient methods for creating and editing powerful images for print and the web?
Whether you are an employee, business owner, content creator, teacher, author, or social media maven, over the last few years it has become CRUCIAL to know how to do a little bit of everything online. With this course as your guide, you'll learn how to confidentially and professionally manage your OWN unique, original images for your website, blog, eCourse, eBook, presentations, or social media pages.
Save time, money, and sanity by learning how to finally choose, edit, and enhance your own images without having to always pay someone else to do the most basic but essential tasks for you.
This course was created especially for complete beginners as well as people who fight with technology who want to gain new and valuable image editing skills that can be used every day.
The techniques discussed in this course are software independent, meaning I can show you how to make better, more professional images regardless of which software programs you are using. You'll learn essential imaging do's and don'ts, tips about which images are safe to use regarding copyrights, how to properly save your images (so you don't lose them in the abyss,) and my very favorite "art school" hacks that will help take your images from so-so to PRO in no time even if you don't yet have Photoshop or Gimp.
We'll then go through the most basic but important imaging skills you NEED to know from the very beginning using Adobe Photoshop. Free 30 day trials of Photoshop are available from Adobe's website. I also show you the same imaging techniques in the FREE software program GIMP.
You can watch and follow along with me as I show you how to make the most useful and essential image fixes in whichever program you have or feel most comfortable in. If you ever decide to switch, you'll have all the lessons available to you in BOTH Photoshop and GIMP as one go-to resource.
What Students Are Saying:
"Great course - the lessons were easy to follow and provided all sorts of useful tips for people like me with limited background in using graphics programs. Kristen's teaching style is comfortable and supportive. And trust me - once you've learned to put lipstick on a horse, you'll never forget the lesson behind it!" -Deborah Wojcicki
I’m an Associate Professor of Digital Media who recently taught for universities, international schools, and NGOs in Myanmar from 2016-2019. I co-founded and directed the Film and Digital Media Program at The American University of Rome (2006-2016). I’m now living in Lilongwe, Malawi and am a Digital Media and Animation Specialist for The United Nations Population Fund (UNFPA Malawi).
Since 2000 I've been teaching students all over the world using my tried and true custom approach (turning complex information into something simple, memorable, easy-to-understand in as short amount of time as possible) to ensure that you get the most important, relevant, and useful information that can be applied immediately.
New bonus lectures and Photoshop | GIMP resources will continue to be added and timely design advice will be provided in the discussion forum. I love to help and always respond to inquiries and discussions ASAP.
Please Note: All students who enroll in this course also will receive periodic free and discounted access to my other top-rated current and upcoming courses.
You have a 30-day, 100% money-back guarantee with no questions asked so you have nothing to lose. I make myself available so you will have access to me if you have questions or need specific feedback along the way.
Empower yourself now by enrolling in this course and join our growing learning community! Click the "Take This Course" button in the upper right corner and let's get started building your new digital imaging, software, and design skills today.
Who this course is for:
- This course is for beginners, novices, or anyone who suddenly finds themselves managing their own visual content online as a blogger, online instructor, or entrepreneur.
- This course will help so-called non-designers/technophobes who don't have time, money, or patience for fussing around with fancy image programs and advanced techniques.
- This course is a great starting point for aspiring designers and online content creators and managers who do plan to use Photoshop and other Adobe programs.
- Advanced designers should NOT take this course as it is intended for beginners and non-designers who want to become self-reliant.
My goal is to empower ordinary people to do extraordinary things.
I'm an American/Portuguese multidisciplinary artist based in Malawi. After decades as a digital artist, I've reconnected with my fine art roots. My animated films have screened in over 75 international film festivals earning numerous “Best Animated Short Film” awards.
As an educator, I've taught at universities on four continents, including at The American University of Rome, where I co-founded the Film and Digital Media Program. I've worked as a designer and educator for organizations such as the WHO, UNICEF, and WFP and created multimedia programs for students from all walks of life. Since 2014, I've taught thousands of students online in 185 countries, and from 2016–2019, taught for universities and NGOs in Myanmar. I'm currently a Digital Media and Animation Specialist for UNFPA Malawi.
What can I help you with today?