Photoshop Foundation - Everything You Need to Get Started
What you'll learn
- Become familiar with the Photoshop interface, menus, and toolbar.
- Understand how to use selection tools.
- Understand brushes and how to use them.
- Become familiar with the paint bucket tool.
- Understand the basics of using the clone stamp tool.
- Understand the basics of using the healing brush tool.
- You will need Photoshop. (A version of CC is preferred, but not absolutely necessary to understand the concepts.)
- A desire to learn and be creative is a must!
This course is the absolute first step to beginning your Photoshop journey. I've designed this course to be easy for anyone that is just starting. Together, we will go in-depth into the basics of using this powerful software.
In this course we will master the basics by:
- Becoming familiar with the Photoshop interface, menus, and toolbar.
- Understanding how to use selection tools.
- Understanding brushes and how to use them.
- Learning about the paint bucket and gradient tools.
- Using the clone stamp tool to remove objects from an image.
- Learning what the Healing brush tool can do.
- Talking about stock photography options.
After this course, you will have the foundation you need to expand your creativity into any of the many paths Photoshop has to offer.
Who this course is for:
- This course is meant for anyone who is interested in beginning to use Photoshop, or would like to better understand the basics.
Who is Joe Buchmann?
I am a business and marketing professional with a BA in multimedia. After spending over a decade in the corporate world, I have now set off on a new journey as an entrepreneur. At this point in time I am the owner of PNW Journey and Digital Egghead.
I am passionate about sharing knowledge and helping people elevate themselves with new skills and abilities. Online teaching became part of my journey in 2015. After a little hiatus to create another business, I have returned with new courses and an even bigger drive to share what I know.
Main Areas of Expertise
Web and Graphic Design
A Bit About Me
Starting at a young age, I dabbled in digital art and created very complex images with the Paintbrush program on Windows. Yes...pixel by pixel. This was well before I knew that Photoshop existed. Even at that time, though, Photoshop was in it's infancy. Over time, I discovered new and exciting ways to express digital creativity. This included 3D modelling and video production. When I was 22, I chose to pursue a college education and further expand my skills.
After obtaining a BA in Multimedia and Design, I did a bit of freelancing in various multimedia areas. This included producing 3D models and graphics for companies, designing video game characters, designing and building websites, designing logos and business identity, and various other opportunities.
In my career, I've been a Software Interface Designer, Sr. Web Designer, Marketing Manager, Website Supervisor, and most recently CX Manager. Not only have I expanded my creative knowledge, but I am a bit of a tech junkie as well. I love using new technology and digital tools to improve productivity and efficiency. That sounds nerdy, but hey...that's me!
Thank you for your interest in my courses.
Check out the Digital Egghead website to see some great articles.
Check out the Digital Egghead YouTube channel for free videos.