Photoshop Foundation - Everything You Need to Get Started
- 4 hours on-demand video
- 2 downloadable resources
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Become familiar with the Photoshop interface, menus, and toolbar.
- Understand how to use selection tools.
- Understand brushes and how to use them.
- Become familiar with the paint bucket tool.
- Understand the basics of using the clone stamp tool.
- Understand the basics of using the healing brush tool.
- You will need Photoshop. (A version of CC is preferred, but not absolutely necessary to understand the concepts.)
- A desire to learn and be creative is a must!
This course is the absolute first step to beginning your Photoshop journey. I've designed this course to be easy for anyone that is just starting. Together, we will go in-depth into the basics of using this powerful software.
In this course we will master the basics by:
- Becoming familiar with the Photoshop interface, menus, and toolbar.
- Understanding how to use selection tools.
- Understanding brushes and how to use them.
- Learning about the paint bucket and gradient tools.
- Using the clone stamp tool to remove objects from an image.
- Learning what the Healing brush tool can do.
- Talking about stock photography options.
After this course, you will have the foundation you need to expand your creativity into any of the many paths Photoshop has to offer.
- This course is meant for anyone who is interested in beginning to use Photoshop, or would like to better understand the basics.
In this lesson we will take a look at the Photoshop interface, and what each element does.
A simple visual breakdown of the Photoshop interface main elements is attached as a resource.
The Color Replacement and Mixer Brush tools are really cool, and very powerful. Here, we take a basic look at what they are, and how they can be used.
The paint bucket tools are used to fill large areas with solid colors, gradients, patterns, and more. We'll explore these tools in this lesson.
In this video we are going to learn about the guide layout feature in Adobe Photoshop CC. Previously, to create a guide layout like what I have here, we had to create them by manually by dragging all of the guides from the rulers, or by using add-ons like Gridify to create an automatic layout. Adobe has now incorporated that automatic feature right into the software.