Photoshop Flyer Design Secrets
- 12 hours on-demand video
- 4 downloadable resources
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- You will learn how to take a simple image and turn it into a powerful event announcement!
- You will learn how to use Photoshop's selections tools to create perfect selections around any image, even hair!
- You will learn how to use Photoshop's Layer Effects to create eye popping text effects!
- By the end of this course you will be able to use Photoshop's Layers like a pro!
- In this course you will learn how to create custom documents of any size in Photoshop
- You will learn professional layout and design techniques that can be used for more than just flyers!
- You will learn the correct way to save your Photoshop documents for the Printer or for use on the Internet!
- This course was created with Adobe Photoshop CS4. The techniques shared will still work with earlier versions of the software (as far back as CS2) and are compatible with CS5 and CS6.
- You will need a copy of Photoshop (CS2 - CS6) to apply the techniques in the video lessons.
The idea behind Photoshop Flyer Design Secrets is simple. You will learn how to use Photoshop to create designs that people pay for. The goal is to teach you how to use the tools to create the designs that you want to create.
You will learn how to use Photoshops Tools, Menus, and Layers to create designs for print and web. You're going to learn the importance of image resolution and how to make designs of all sizes, from business card size up to poster size with ease. You will also learn how to use Photoshop's powerful selection tools to make accurate selections around complex images, even hair!
This course contains video tutorials on how to use the tools and interface as well as a special section on how to create accurate selections in your images. Students will also learn how to use Photoshops "Color Modes" and how to make sure documents are "Print Ready".
In addition to the basic tutorials there are also several design walk-throughs in which the student gets to virtually look over the teacher's shoulder as he creates designs from scratch! You'll get to take advantage of the instructors 18 years of experience using Photoshop as a design tool.
As a paid student of the course you will receive the Flyer Design Secrets Revealed Industry Guide E-Book that is full of tips, tricks and resources for Photoshop designers, and includes:
- Wholesale printing resources,
- Tips on finding images and illustrations,
- Learning how to use the right fonts,
- Understanding printers marks
- "The Money Making Flyer Design Formula" that will teach you how to make a profit on every flyer you design for others!
- This course contains something for everyone! It is basic enough for beginners, yet even advanced users will learn new techniques for improving their design work using Photoshop.
- Those who will most benefit from this course are graphic designers, desktop publishers, and clerical workers that want to learn how to use the power of Photoshop to create flyers, sales pages, coupons, advertisements and much more!
In this lesson you will learn how to use Photoshop to set up your flyer designs. You will learn how to create documents of various sizes and learn what the best resolution settings are for print and web design. You will also learn what a “Bleed” is and how to use the power of Photoshop’s Ruler Guides to set up a Bleed area for your flyer. Some additional uses of Photoshop ruler guides will be to create “Margins” and a “Text Safe” area.
The real test of your strength as a Photoshop designer will lie in your ability to add and blend images from various sources into your designs and in this section you will learn several techniques to do that.
This Lesson Covers
- Understanding Layers
- Adding an image to your flyer
- Making selections
- Magic Wand
- Pen Tool
- Alpha Channels
- Quick Mask
Get ready to learn what every designer needs to know about fonts and how to use them in your designs.
You Will Learn:
- What are fonts
- What’s the difference between Serif and Sans-Serif
- What are Decorative and Display fonts
- Tips for using Script Fonts
You Will Also Learn Several Typology terms such as:
- Baseline Shift
Before you get started designing you’ll need to create a place for all
your work files including jobs for clients, images, illustrations and
invoices. This section provides valuable tips on how to keep your files
organized so you don’t pull your hair out looking for things
This section is for designers that do work for clients or that get design assignments for work, it contains a video tutorial on how to collect information so that you can begin design and also includes a downloadable PDF Job Sheet that you can use to collect information for your next flyer design job.