Photoshop CC for Responsive Web Design
What you'll learn
- Asses responsive web design structure and functionality
- Repurpose content for excellent user experience (UX) across multiple devices
- Customize the Photoshop CC workspace specifically for web design.
- Build mock ups with an understanding of responsive design principles
- Navigate the Photoshop CC interface with ease.
- Organize their Photoshop files for simpler navigation and way finding.
- Draw simple and complex vector shapes.
- Style readable and legible typography quickly.
- Apply "non-destructive" styles and effects to custom graphics.
- Edit photographs; the backbone that makes Photoshop so successful.
- An installed version of Photoshop CC.
Learn the concepts of responsive website design and how to customize Photoshop to create full page mock-ups.
Become an integral part in the overall process of web design and development with this beginner course.
- Learn responsive web design concepts and tools
- Customize Photoshop for a more streamline workflow
- Build a consistent web site user experience
- Prepare your designs for development
Be the fixture that turns ideas into reality
Learning how to create website mock-ups puts you at the apex of the web design process. This is where brainstorming ideas and concepts become a reality. With this skillset, you’ll bring “left-brained” design thinkers ideas to life. In addition you’ll be the liaison to the “right-brained” web developers.
Employees or freelancers with this ability are typically involved in parts of both the creative process, and development process. You benefit by being a more valualbe asset that can take part in conversations in many different phases of a project.
Content and Overview
Suitable for beginners, through this course of 49 lectures and almost 4 hours of instruction I’ll show you how Photoshop can, and is, being used in modern web design work flows. We’ll start off by covering some core concepts of web design, including how the web is evolving with the advent of mobile devices and why you’d want to use Photoshop for web design in the first place.
From there, you and I are going to be working together to create a full website mockup for a fictional restaurant called Bordeaux. I’ll show you how to set up your Photoshop environment for web work. Create templates for responsive web design projects. Design aesthetic elements like UI components. We’ll finally assemble a finished mockup. And then, I’ll show you how to deliver your final results to your client or to a developer.
Who this course is for:
- The ideal student for this course for anyone wanting to expand they’re current skill set. Whether that be a UX specialist, web developer or for any beginner who’s looking for initial Photoshop training.
I've been designing since 2001 when I began my post-secondary education and received by diploma in graphic design.
Throughout my career, I have worked for companies that specialize in software development, which has provided me with extensive experience in interaction design. During this time, I enjoyed working with smaller freelance clients as well. It was at this point when I really started to enjoy designing and developing user interfaces and user experiences.
I currently teach and co-ordinate a web design and development program at a private career college, as well as teach part time at the local community college in the graphic design program where I received my diploma. I still maintain a list of steady freelance clients part-time.
I make my living teaching and developing curriculum while my freelance work continues to whet my creative appetite. I do however get just as excited seeing students succeed.