Photoshop CC Essential Basics
- 39 mins on-demand video
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- To be able to install, configure and use Photoshop to do basic photo editing for business or personal use.
- Basic computer knowledge required as well as a copy of Photoshop CC 2018 or a desire/ability to get one.
- A resonably fast, modern computer. Laptop or Desktop.
For my first few years of using Photoshop, all I ever done was Crop, Resize, add Text and maybe play with Filters. All the time I could see all these other menu options for doing stuff and I knew you could do way more with it. However, most people beginning Photoshop will only need the basics and I hope to cover most of them here.
- Photoshop Beginners, Photographers, Web Designers, Marketers, Business Owners.
I started with Photoshop 7.0 or 8.0 around 2000 and am now currently signed up up to the full Adobe Suite on a teacher license. I passed my Adobe Photoshop CC Expert exam in 2014 and was one of only 8 fully certified experts in Ireland at the time. I've been working full time since 2005 as a freelance Web Designer and Photo Retoucher with Reverb Studios Design from my base in Leitrim, Ireland.
To open an image for editing in Photoshop you can go to File - Open, File - Import or use Adobe Bridge to browse.
You need to go a couple of steps further than File - Save As to save out an optimised image for the web, ie - for website use etc.. Go to File - Export As and pay careful attention to the image size/dimensions, file type and file size before saving. Ideally images for websites would be less than 1000px wide and less than 100kb in file size.