Photoshop CC Crash Course
What you'll learn
- Understanding the Basics - goes over how to navigate the interface, basic shortcut keys, adding text, working with images, and other features to get you up and running as quickly as possible.
- Layers - shows you how to combine multiple images, resize them, split them apart, and add in color boxes.
- Selections - starts by showing how to remove simple images from a photograph and finishes by showing how to select out strands of hair and change the background.
- Color Correction - goes from simple corrections to in depth theory. It uses this theory to fix complicated photographs, change the color of a shirt from yellow to green, and even turn part of an image into black and white.
- Object Removal - isn't just about how to remove a pimple. It covers removing wires, large objects such as a fencepost, and even how to get rid of something like a date stamp when it is in front of a person's face.
- Beauty Retouching - I show you how to remove wrinkles, increase the size of an eye or decrease your nose size, how to smooth skin, what to do if you make a mistake, and how to fix problems such as bloodshot eyes.
- Compositing - you see how all of these individual tools we've learned along the way can actually be combined to accomplish just about anything, from merging together household goods to to removing a person from a photograph and putting someone else in that person's place.
- Wrap Up - shows how this is a solid grounding and while there's still plenty to learn, you now know enough to be dangerous.
- This course assumes no prior knowledge and starts with the very basics.
This course takes you from knowing nothing about Photoshop to having an incredibly good handle on the program in as little time as possible.
The three legs of Photoshop are
- Color Correction
If you understand how to manipulate those three elements you can accomplish just about anything with Photoshop. This course starts by going over those concepts and then shows how to combine them for powerful results.
Rather than showing you every single feature, this course focuses on the features people actually use without boring you to tears on the other tools.
The instructor Jeremy Shuback has taught over 150,000 people Photoshop and works as a professional designer. He uses Photoshop every day to create everything from billboards to photorealistic matte paintings for feature films.
More importantly, he understands that you don't want to spend 14 hours straight trying to learn Photoshop.
Who this course is for:
- Whether you're new to Photoshop or have been using it for years but were never quite comfortable with concepts such as layers, this course will get you up to speed.
Jeremy Shuback is an Animation Director who's directed over a hundred shorts in the last ten years. His shorts have been featured in the WSJ, CNN, NPR, WaPo, and many other places. In 2016 he directed, Shaboom! an animated children's series and currently he's directing an educational series about the basics of the religion Judaism.
On the side, he strives to create absurdly good courses. He's flown to hundreds of cities to teach classes on design and on marketing.
For more about him and his work, head to his website.