What you'll learn
- You will have a chance to test your knowledge by completing design projects in Photoshop!
- You will learn photo compositing (blending multiple images together in one photo) and editing with Photoshop
- You will learn logo design with Photoshop
- You will learn how to create social media graphics with Photoshop
- You will learn apparel design with Photoshop
- You will learn how to design compelling, original posters with Photoshop
- You will learn how to navigate the Photoshop dashboard - perfect for absolute beginners!
- The course also includes several more advanced elements - perfect for intermediate students!
- You will learn to use the Photoshop shape tools
- You will learn to use the Photoshop blend modes
- You will learn to use the Photoshop selection tools
- You will learn to use the Photoshop smart objects
- And so much more!
- You will need access to Adobe Photoshop 2020 or 2021 for best results
I love Photoshop, and frequently tell my wife that if we get stuck on an island, I'm bringing Photoshop with me. I've been using Photoshop professionally for over 20 years to create beautiful graphics and provide a living for my family.
In this course, I'll show you my favorite tips, tricks, and resources as we learn how to use Photoshop from the very beginning. We'll create real-world projects (like apparel design, logos, beautiful photo edits, package design mockups, posters, and much more) that are highly valuable to businesses.
No matter if you want to use Photoshop as a hobbyist, or you're looking to create a full-time career as a graphic designer or photographer, this course is for you.
Plus, when you join, you'll gain access to our Facebook group for students that currently has over 16,000 members to help you along the way.
You will learn things like:
How to blend images together
How to use adjustment layers
Advanced shadow techniques
File setup best practices
Layer style and blend options
Using the displacement map filter
How to make e-commerce product mockups
Social media graphic design
Added Bonus: 3D mockups with Adobe Dimension!
And so much more!
What students are saying about the Photoshop Bootcamp:
"I have taken many of Derrick's courses and they are always amazing and I learn so much from them. This course is no different I have learned a lot of new skills from this course especially new photo compositing techniques, how to create mockups for my projects ( I Really liked the apparel mock-up section as I need this a lot). The course was fun to take and Derrick has a great teaching style which I think anyone can learn a lot from. I would recommend this and any of Derrick's other courses to anyone they are well worth the money and you will take a lot away from them." - Neil Brooks
"Derrick Mitchell is the best teacher on Udemy! ?" - Austin Webb
Who this course is for:
- This course is perfect for both beginner and intermediate students
- Those that want to learn photo editing and compositing will benefit from this course
- Those that want to learn graphic design processes using Photoshop will love this course
- Those that want to practice their design skills by creating real projects will definitely enjoy this course.
Derrick is a lifelong learner with a passion for making bland things beautiful.
He has spent his entire career in the creative arts and marketing sector. He had the opportunity to work with brands such as MTV, Nintendo, and Netflix while employed as an intern for Seven 2 Interactive, which definitely set the trajectory for his design career. in 2008, he and his wife opened a small graphic design and marketing agency in Montana - they spent the next decade creating websites, logos, and more for clients all over the world.
Derrick has been the creative director for major international brands and recently made a career pivot to include online teaching. He loves helping students realize their full potential while turning their interests and passions into strong skillsets and careers. From hand-illustrating logos to creating websites for global brands, Derrick knows what it takes to succeed as a graphic designer, a freelancer, and a business owner.
He is passionate about helping others find success doing what they love and he currently teaches over 130,000 students online on several different platforms. From Photoshop to Illustrator to InDesign - if it revolves around graphic design, Derrick is excited about teaching it to others.
Derrick lives in Montana with his wife, his four daughters, his son, and the family's two dogs. When he has a free moment, he enjoys paddleboarding, mountain biking, and snowboarding. In his spare time, he also enjoys making GoPro videos with his kids and finding ways to continue to evolve his craft as a designer and artist.