Create & Animate Drake Character in Blender
What you'll learn
- How to model a character in Blender
- How to create an advanced rig in Blender
- Weight painting in Blender
- How to UV unwrap a character in blender
- How to texture a character in Blender
- Hair in Blender
- How to sculpt and bake normal maps in Blender
- How to rig and animate normal maps in Blender
- Lip Syncing in Blender
- Rendering in Blender
- How to animate a character in Blender
- Computer capable of running blender 2.8
***Audio quality is not the best it could be, a bit noisy in the background. I am sorry for this guys and grateful for your understanding***
This is a complete and extensive step by step demonstration course that will show you all steps involved in creating, rigging and animating a character in blender from start to finish. After this course, you would have learnt valuable workflows which will help improve your productivity in blender.
Topics covered include:
1. Modelling a character in blender
Here, we will setup the reference image and model everything from the head and the hands to the trousers and the shoes.
2. Creating an advanced character rig in blender
At this stage, we will create the deformation bones, forward kinematic bones and inverse kinematic bones. we will also rig the eyes, create shape keys and set up drivers for shape keys, create custom bone shapes, create controllers and add a user interface for the controllers.
3. Texturing a character in blender
Here, we will be adding seams, UV unwrapping our model and texturing it. We will be sculpting and baking normal maps, creating specular and bump map, adding subsurface scattering and rigging normal maps.
4. Creating particle hair in blender
We will texture the scalp of our hair and then use blenders powerful particle system to make the hair and beard of our character.
5. Making a pose library
We will create an animators best friend which is a pose library to make our rigging life a lot easier.
6. Animation in blender
In the climax of this course we will be animating our character. we will do some weight painting after which we setup our audio and add markers for our vowels and consonants. we will do lip syncing, create the general motion of our character and then we will render our animation. We will also light up our model.
This course will help you hone your blending skills and i hope you enjoy it.
Who this course is for:
- Computer literate
- Blender enthusiasts who want a character creation process from scratch to finish
- Enthusiasts who want to learn to create an advanced character rig
- Enthusiasts who want to learn how to animate a character
- Enthusiasts who want to learn how to rig and animate normal maps
- Intermediate blender users
Hello. I'm a blender user for over eight years now simply because i enjoy using blender.
Its what i do for fun. I love modelling, texturing and rigging characters then making fun videos with them but most times, i do it just for the satisfaction of building something.
Blender is a dynamic software and a fertile ground for creative possibilities. I plan to share my creation process step by step from start to finish with you and i hope that you come along for the ride.