Photography: Start an Online Business with your Photography
- 2.5 hours on-demand video
- 11 articles
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Understand the logics behind making a living from websites, social networks, and other online platforms
- Generate ideas around their passion - photography - that can lead to substantial revenues online
- Build a multi-platform strategy to increase their impact with one project
- Stay motivated all along, thanks to many examples to illustrate the concepts of the course
- Know where to have a look to get inspired and have ideas
- Chose the right platforms for the right projects
- Maximize their chances of making money via stock photography - even thought the latter is not the main focus of this course!
- There are no prerequisites for this course
- However, patience, consistence and motivation are necessary to make it!
*** First version of this course published end of March 2016***
If you are PASSIONATE ABOUT PHOTOGRAPHY (amateur or professional) and are wondering how you could MAKE MONEY ONLINE from this passion, then this course is just the right one for you. However, although I will be giving a few tips that I believe could increase your chances of selling via Stock Photography, this is NOT the focus we will be taking throughout this course. Instead, we will be looking into CREATIVE WAYS, that may appear less obvious at first, of earning a living out of Photography. These will include platforms such as FACEBOOK, WEBSITES, INSTAGRAM and much more…
To create this course, I have combined my interest for photography, the high number of examples I have gathered over time as well as my knowledge about Making Money Online - since I write blogs in both French and German on the subject. Personally, I am only an amateur when it comes to Photography, yet I myself have sold a couple of pictures online already.
Since I have now many ideas of how you could make a living out of Photography, I've decided to create this course!
Be careful though! This course IS NOT A GET-RICH-QUICK scheme! There is no such thing as becoming a millionaire overnight… Except maybe for a few exceptions (of which winning at the lottery!). You will need to be patient, passionate, determined and stay motivated to make it! Of course, you could try your project idea out on the side, do not expect to earn high returns after just a few weeks...
Of course, we will look into plenty of examples to illustrate the concepts throughout the course. This way you should stay motivated all along! These also intend to show you what works and to help you understand the main patterns behind the Online Business world, but for Photography.
All the ideas presented could also work for other passions you may have, even the the examples may not be tailored to these.
- This course is for people who are passionate about photography - whether amateurs or professionals - yet have little knowledge of the online business world
- This course is NOT for people who have an extensive knowledge of online monetization strategies
- This course is NOT for people who are looking for get-rich-quick schemes
As a (complete!) amateur, I even managed to sell my first photos online quite quickly… Given all the ways you can make money online now, there are endless possibilities for you to make money out of your passion for photography, even if you are just starting! However - be prepared to invest time and effort before you get any return...
Crowdfunding can be a great way to finally get some revenue out of your great photography work, or even the other way around: create a buzz around your amazing project to get financed… See this example: a great photographer that over financed her future work!
A first idea or where to have a look at for original ideas and project that may work! Get fired up for the course, and have a naive look before you become an expert and understand how these people may be making very good money with photography….
The subject of this course is not the traditional way of making money with photography (e.g. locally in the "physical world" or via stock photography) but rather how you could make the most out of your skills using the new possibilities offered by the online world...
That's the ancient way… But it still is needed, and you should also take advantage of local opportunities to make ends meet and get trained. Plus: if you obtain the rights to put your pics online, why not sell them on stock online as well?
I sold my first picture online for $5 - to my biggest surprise! It was taking with an old compact camera, in 2009… And I had absolutely no photographer skills by then, I was only enjoying my vacation...