Photography 101: from zero to hobby!
What you'll learn
- Learn the concept of exposure
- Improve the framing of photos (rule of thirds)
- Understand what can be achieved with post-editing (photoshop)
- Discover the different types of photographic gear
- Get motivated to learn photography
- None. To practice the contents of the course, a DSLR is recommended (any brand or price range)
The aim of this course is to explain what photography is, how it works and how you can use your creativity to capture unique moments. These are the topics that will be covered:
Why learn photography
Photography is a skill that, once learned, can be used in various contexts, whether professional or personal. Given it's an art form, it is something that stimulates our creative side. And it's a great excuse to get out and travel!
Light and exposure
How to use aperture, shutter speed, and sensitivity (ISO) to get the right exposure. In addition, you will learn the effect that each of these variables have on your final photo.
The rule of thirds is an easy to learn trick to increase the impact of your photos. But don't overdo it, otherwise your photos will all look the same.
Now that you know the theory, it's time to put it into practice. Here are some suggestions of photographic genres that you can explore.
What kind of cameras and lenses exist and what are the advantages of each.
What are the advantages of post-editing, what techniques can be used, when it should be used, and... when photography fades to painting.
Websites and References
Who this course is for:
- Anyone who wants to learn the basics of photography and improve their photos.
Diogo is a Software Tester from Portugal. His passion is using technology to improve people's lives. In his spare time, he is a blogger, a podcaster, a photographer, a writer, and a mentor.
He started out as a software developer and then became a self-taught tester. Perpetually curious, Diogo has many interests and side projects. Teaching on Udemy is one of the latest.