Photography Fundamentals for Beginners: 1-Hour Crash Course
What you'll learn
- You will learn how to use the manual settings on your camera to properly expose a photo.
- You will learn basic composition rules that will automatically improve your photography.
- You will learn what aperture is, and how to use it creatively.
- You will learn what shutter speed is, and how to prevent common beginner mistakes.
- You will learn what ISO is, and how to prevent 'noisy' photos.
- You will learn about the different photo settings and resolutions.
- You will understand the basic settings and rules that all pro photographers once learned.
- There are no prerequisites for this course. This course is all about the basic settings and rules you should know as you start taking photos.
- Most DSLR, mirrorless, point and shoot, and bridge camera users will benefit from this course. Even smartphone photographers might benefit from taking this course, though not all the settings will be available on all cameras.
You want to take better photos, right? This photography fundamentals course is a short crash course to learn the basics.
If terms like aperture, shutter speed, ISO, and the exposure triangle aren't familiar - then this photography for beginners course is perfect for you.
Whether you have a DSLR, mirrorless, bridge, point and shoot, or even just a smartphone, you should learn these main settings and rules that all professional photographers use.
With this Photography Fundamentals course, you'll understand how your camera actually works
After taking this beginner photography course, you'll know:
Aperture - Adjusting your f-stop, and what this does creatively to your photo
Shutter Speed - How to prevent a common beginner mistake with this setting
ISO - Preventing photos with digital noise and grain
Exposure - How to use aperture, shutter speed, ISO, lights, and filters to take well-exposed photos
Composition - Basic rules to follow... and when to break them
White Balance - Make sure your photo's colors look natural
Photo Quality & File Types - Best scenarios to use different file types
Who is the photography instructor?
My name is Phil Ebiner, I wanted to create this course for absolute beginners who want to know the basic settings and rules no matter what camera you're using.
I hope you enjoy this photography fundamentals course, and it helps you on your journey to taking better photos.
Who this course is for:
- You are a beginner photographer, who doesn't understand things like aperture, shutter speed, or ISO.
- You always use the automatic settings on your camera, and want to learn how to use the manual settings.
- You are NOT an advanced photographer who knows how to manually expose your images.
great courses for beginners
I'll teach you the skills necessary to stand out from the crowd. Whether it’s a personal passion or a business pursuit, you can learn video, photography, art, design, marketing skills and more here.
learn by doing
Step-by-step tutorials and project-based learning.
One-on-one support from experts that truly want to help you.
don’t stress. have fun.
more about phil
My professional background is in video production and editing. I graduated from Loyola Marymount University's School of Film and Television in 2011. Since then, I've worked on thousands of projects that have appeared in movie theaters, film festivals, television and online.
Today, I create all kinds of things from photographs that can be seen on my Instagram to homemade sourdough bread that feeds my family. Who knows where life will take me. But I know wherever I am, I'll be creating.
Since 2012, I've been creating online courses that over two million students from around the world have taken. Course topics include everything from photography and video to design and business courses. If I can't teach it , I collaborate with other experts who share their skills with absolute beginners.
I can't wait to see you in class!
Learn creative skills, from absolute beginner to advanced mastery.
Video School exists to help you succeed in life. Each course has been hand-tailored to teach a specific skill from photography and video to art, design and business.
Whether you’re trying to learn a new skill from scratch, or want to refresh your memory on something you’ve learned in the past, you’ve come to the right place.
Education makes the world a better place. Make your world better with new skills!
Our courses can be watched 24/7 wherever you are. Most are fully downloadable so you can take them with you. You can also view them on mobile devices with the Udemy mobile app.
All courses have a 30-day money-back guarantee so that you can check it out, make sure it’s the right course for you, and get a refund if it’s not!