Photography: Lightroom Digital Workflow
What you'll learn
- Confidently choose their best photos
- Confidently delete photos they will never use, saving space on their hard drives.
- Find their photos easily.
- Apply basic tone and color balancing and other simple edits to their photos to improve them.
- Have a camera! (even a phone cam will do)
- Have a computer with Image Management Software installed (preferably Adobe Lightroom. If you do not have Lightroom you will find some benefits as I am mostly teaching about the workflow invovled in selecting your best photos.)
Photographer Kevin Landwer-Johan teaches the digital workflow he has developed over many years to give you the confidence to choose your best photos and to identify the ones you will never use.
Using Adobe Lightroom he walks you carefully through the processes of:
importing your photos,
Familiarizing yourself with the software interface
Culling your photos
Comparing and choosing your best photos
Refining the selection method
finalize your selection
applying basic balancing an editing
the use of presets.
Also included is teaching about using a beginners set of keyboard shortcuts. Lightroom contains so many keyboard shortcuts it can be overwhelming to know where to start, so Kevin has introduced the ones he uses the most frequently to give you a good foundation to build on.
This course teaches the essentials of the workflow Kevin has developed over many years, beginning in the 1980s when he first started working in the newspaper photography department. He understands the difficulty many people have in recognizing and selecting their own best images and so clearly teaches you how to overcome this difficulty.
Who this course is for:
- Anyone who struggles to select their best photos
- Everyone who is running out of storage space on their hard drives because they do not delete enough of their photos.
- Anyone who wants to gain confidence in being able to share their best photos.
- Anyone with an Instagram account
I am a New Zealand professional photographer and film maker based in Chiang Mai, Thailand. I have over 30 years experience. My background is in newspaper and commercial photography. The past 10 years I have also been producing short documentary films for non profit organizations.
My wife and I also run a photography workshop business - Chiang Mai Photo Workshops - teaching what we love to do to all levels of photographers. I have genuine, real world experience teaching, not just in creating video courses.
I am flexible to shoot in different styles and genres and am most passionate about portraits and documentary style.
I sell stock photos and video through various online agencies. The video production company I manage, Acts Multimedia, provides services for non profits at affordable rates.
I am always interested in constructive feedback and would love to know student's ideas on other photography course you would like to see me produce.