Photography: Learn how to use your camera in the Manual Mode
What you'll learn
- How to master the camera, photo techniques and composition to make your photographs stand out
- How to de-clutter your backgrounds and how to create super sharp images
- How to create motion blur, freeze and panning motion in your photographs
- How to create your very own portfolio
- Have fun with the camera and take great photos!
- A dslr camera with a lens, batteries, memory card, camera manual, computer to download your photos
*** In 2013 CBS Miami voted Crea8fotos (my company) as best photo class in South Florida***
Why take this course?
Are you a photo enthusiast who has just upgraded to a DSLR camera? Are you a mom or dad with a new family member; who wants to document your family life? Is photography a new hobby?
Are you using photography for your social media campaigns or for your business? Do you want to learn how to use your camera in the manual mode to get better photos?
If you have a DSLR camera and are wondering which button to press and what that dial does… This course is for you.
- Lets demystify the manual mode! You will learn step by step how to start a photo shoot using the manual mode.
- Learn about exposure and how to tweak the exposure.
- You will learn how to enhance a person or an object by using the shallow depth of field technique.
- You will learn how to create unique photos about movement: Learn how to control motion by doing panning, blurring and freezing motion.
- Change the mood and the environment will change too: You will learn how to use the white balance to add an atmosphere to your photos and to correct the color of light.
- Learn how to make your images more dynamic by using 3 different composition techniques.
- Upon completing the course you will create a photo portfolio.
How long is this course?
The videos will take a bit over 1 hour to watch. It will take longer to do the photography exercises. Watch the video and then duplicate what you see.
What will I get from this course?
- How to use the important features in the camera so that you can photograph in the manual mode with confidence.
- How to use color, lines and composition techniques to create unique compositions.
- How to create your own unique photo style.
- How to create a photography project.
Who this course is for:
- Did you just get a DSLR camera and don't know what to do with it? This course is for you.
- Newbie photographers: Needing to understand a bit about how to use the camera features in the manual mode?
- Mom with a new camera? Do you want to learn about your camera and how to shoot in the manual mode?
- Hobbyists and travel photographers who want to learn how to shoot in the manual mode and how to create more dynamic compositions: This is a good course for you.
- Do you work with Social media marketing? If you need to use a camera for you work: Learn how to use the camera in the manual mode to create better photographs.
- Fashion blogger needing to master the camera to take great shots for work.
★ I am a photographer and I love to teach photography.
★ Do you want to learn how to use the manual mode in your camera?
★ Do you want to create a photo portfolio to share with friends and family?
♥ Learn how to capture your newborn child's earliest moments with awesome photos?
Some of my past lives: I worked as a stockbroker in São Paulo, Brazil for approximately six years. When I moved to New York City in 1988 I changed careers and returned to school. I studied at the School of Visual Arts for one year and finished my Bachelor of Fine Arts at the Florida International University.
I received a full scholarship from the University of Miami to do my Masters of Fine Arts in Photography. The best 3 years I have ever had! Just imagine: 3 years working on photography projects. What a luxury! ♥
During that time I taught at the university and began to exhibit my work. Upon completing school I continued to teach as an adjunct and to photograph for different corporations.
I taught at the University of Miami, Art Institute, Barry University among other places.
These are some of the places that showed my work:
Naples Museum of Art in Naples, Fl
Museum of Latin America, Long Beach, Ca.
Dot Fiftyone, Miami, Fl
Bernice Steinbaum Gallery, Miami
Michael C Rockefeller Arts Gallery Fredonia NY
These are some of the grants that I received:
Creative Capital, New York Foundation, State of Florida Individual Artist Fellowship, Artist Enhancement Grant Miami-Dade County, Florida Breast Cancer Coalition, Travel Grant to Washington DC
These are some of the awards:
MOLAA Award an Invitational Juried Art Competition and Exhibition at the Museum of Latin American Art in Long Beach California
Golden Mouse Award in 2014 for Online Photography Classes.
At this time: I am focusing on teaching one-on-one classes while I develop new online classes. I teach Introduction to photography, studio classes, the business of photography, social media for photographers and baby photography classes.
My photography work has changed directions completely. I am enjoying travel photography and the adventures that come along with traveling. My interest in food photography came from one of those very special trips.