Photography Basics for Bloggers & Online Businesses
- 2 hours on-demand video
- 6 articles
- 7 downloadable resources
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Know which tools will help you create share-worthy images
- Conceptualise and plan for each photo shoot session, before randomly snapping, to ensure the resulting photos meet the desired outcome.
- Understand lighting basics, without getting too technical, and how to control the light to get the results you want.
- Use the different the compositional guidelines to create professional & interesting photos
- Style & position props to create photos that align with your brand or blog's aesthetic & create a consistent look and feel
- Start building your own personal library of your own stock images, for all your future promotional and blogging needs.
- Use a freely available online photo editing app to not only creatively edit your photos but also to create your promotional marketing material
- Gain an understanding on how to best use your photos in the online space.
- You should have, at least a phone camera, or digital happy-snapper holiday camera.
- You should have an existing blog, online shop or social media profile with an idea of what look and feel you want to create for them.
This course is for Bloggers, Social Media Marketers, Entrepreneurs, Online Shop Owners and other Business Owners who have an online presence in the form of a blog, social media profiles or other internet based platforms.
If you want to have an image-rich online footprint to attract and grow your following then this is the course for you.
Are you exhausted by the time it takes to source a professional photographer or to trawl through online stock libraries?
Are you fed up with paying ridiculous fees to commission and licence photos that align with your brand's online aesthetic and style?
Have you ever wondered if you could create those photos yourself, using just your smart phone or little camera?
The short answer? You CAN!
This course covers the basic photography principles you need to create eye-catching and purposeful images that you can use online anytime, anywhere!
The video-based lectures are easy to follow and understand with no technical photographic jargon. Have fun as you work through the lessons and the practical exercises provided on downloadable worksheets and start creating share-worthy images straight away!
So if you want to take back control and make creating and sharing striking photos part of your online strategy, then sign up to this Blog Photography Course now!
- This course is for bloggers, social media marketers, entrepreneurs and owners of online shops who want to be able to create and share purposeful & impactful images online.
- This course is for people with NO technical photography knowledge
- This course is for those who would like to get the best photos they can from their phone cameras and happy-snappers.
- This course is for people who would like to photograph still life objects or products
- This course is for people who don't know their f-stop from their aperture and frankly, don't want to know! (We don't even go there!)
- This is not a course for extreme hobbyists, semi-professional or professional photographers. You'll get bored.
- This is not a course for people who want help setting up a blog or online store. Search Udemy for a course on that and then come back here to learn how to create pretty pictures to add!
In this lecture we have a quick overview of what this course will cover and what you can expect from each lecture.
Take a look at the recommended tools. Some of these items can be purchased at a photographic store, but many have DIY alternatives which I discuss a bit more in a later video - things you have lying around at home that make for great substitutes. Do an inventory at home, or borrow from friends and family first, before spending money!
Having a plan before you start shooting is going to help create photos that are purposeful and well thought out. Deciding what you're going to create based on a specific need will also keep your photos and imagery relevant.
Whether you like it or not, or whether you intend it or not, any connection that you have with your audience online is an emotional one. It's important to be decisive and clear about what emotional connection you would like to have with those who are reading your posts and seeing your images.
You may want to include other props and bits and bobs in your image to create a certain look and feel. So giving some thought to what objects and items would strengthen your message or add to the feel of your image is important.
Observing and understanding light will enable you use it to your best advantage.
I once read a definition of 'Photography' as 'painting with light'.
Conclusion to Composition.
Now that you know about the main compositional rules, the best form of learning is practice, practice, practice!
Grab your camera and start practicing each of the compositional rules.
Once you feel comfortable with them - start breaking the rules!